1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Market Force Closing

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by Salieri, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Salieri

Salieri New Member

Hello,

for the last day my market suddenly started force closing a lot. When I click "update" for an app it simply crashes and never started the download.

Any help?
  2. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

settings, applications, manage applications, all, select market, force stop, clear cache and data, then reboot phone and retry.
  3. Armyof2

Armyof2 New Member

If still f/cing after doing what RW mention, try doing a fix permissions from ROM Manager sometimes that helps
  4. hakaida

hakaida New Member

I got the same problem. My gf who isn't using any rom has the new market and has no problems. I guess this might have something to do with it. the old market is probably phased out. or at least thats my best guess.
  5. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Nope, sorry to disagree there, but there are plenty of stock OEM android devices out there who still use the old market with no issues reported. (I have 2 at my neighbor's, a galaxy S and a incredible). That isn't the issue here.

Try my previous post, then Ao2's, then let us know what happens.

Since you're on Saph, you could also just install the new market.

Download: New Android Market Version 2.2.6 for All 2.2 Phones (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Download this market, rename to update.zip, place on root of SD card, boot into recovery and install update.

Try the other things first though.
  6. hakaida

hakaida New Member

I got the new version of the market on my d1 and still getting FC messages everytime. I tried every suggestion and nothing works. Might have to reload the ROM or try another one. thanks for trying guys.