Market Force Close with 1.1.0

kevev99

Reaction score
Hi All,

I finally upgraded to 1.1.0 today, prior to 1.1.1 being released. Did the usual:

• Full nandroid backup
  • Factory reset
  • Install ROM
  • Install Gapps
  • Install kernel
  • Install theme
  • Reboot

My problem is that the Android Market is constantly requiring a Force Close. I download an app, it installs, and then the Market Force Closes. It does this basically after every app goes through this process. This has happened with the stock kernel (7x25-800 SV) as well as 2 other kernels (7x125-1000 LV and 7x-250-1000 SV). On 1.0.0 I ran 7x-125-1000LV with no issues like this. Thoughts on how to fix?

Zargon

Reaction score
Hi All,

I finally upgraded to 1.1.0 today, prior to 1.1.1 being released. Did the usual:

• Full nandroid backup
  • Factory reset
  • Install ROM
  • Install Gapps
  • Install kernel
  • Install theme
  • Reboot

My problem is that the Android Market is constantly requiring a Force Close. I download an app, it installs, and then the Market Force Closes. It does this basically after every app goes through this process. This has happened with the stock kernel (7x25-800 SV) as well as 2 other kernels (7x125-1000 LV and 7x-250-1000 SV). On 1.0.0 I ran 7x-125-1000LV with no issues like this. Thoughts on how to fix?

I had the same problem. I just updated to 1.1.1 and now it is gone. I am running 7x-125-1000LV with the Incognito theme.

OP
kevev99

kevev99

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I just updated to 1.1.1 and now it is gone. I am running 7x-125-1000LV with the Incognito theme.

Did you do a full blown factory wipe and install or did you just install 1.1.1, gapps, the kernel, and theme again. I'm figuring I may just have to do the whole thing over again. I spent about an hour earlier today getting the whole thing done. Guess another hour is in order (to re-install apps, etc)?

Zargon

Reaction score

Did you do a full blown factory wipe and install or did you just install 1.1.1, gapps, the kernel, and theme again. I'm figuring I may just have to do the whole thing over again. I spent about an hour earlier today getting the whole thing done. Guess another hour is in order (to re-install apps, etc)?

I did a full wipe. I don't know if that was necessary or not, but it works now so I'm happy.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try just installing rom and kernel. Let things load (restore of apps and such). Then load the theme.

OP
kevev99

kevev99

Reaction score
All fixed. Did the ROM and Gapps then rebooted. The installed kernel and theme. All is good. Minor issue with the Gmail app, but did a restore using Titanium Backup and am good to go.