Market fix?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by budmonster, Jun 28, 2010.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to find any answers for my questions, I mean there are like 90 pages of questions.

I'm coming from CM 5.0.8, market worked fine. I did a complete wipe before flashing BB 0.3.

My Market is extremely SLOW, it takes literally 5 minutes for "My Downloads" to open up. Also, when I try to view an application in the market, its takes 40-50 seconds for the app to appear.

Any help would be appreciated. It's pissing me off that its taking me 5-6 minutes to install each application. For some reason when I was on CM all my apps automatically installed but with BB I have to install every app over again.

I apologize if this has been answered.

2. trainstroker

trainstroker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the auto sync feature was, kindly :icon_evil:, disabled after BB .1 i believe.

3. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That sucks. Anyone know how I can fix this damn Market or its back to CM I go.

4. olsonjor

olsonjor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've found that if you go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Go to the all tab and down to Market and Clear data. You'll have to accept the terms again when going into the Market but it seems to be at least a temporary fix so you can download the needed apps. If it does it again just do the same thing and it usually works. Hopefully a permanent fix soon!

5. broosewee

broosewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried this, but the Market is still absurdly slow.

6. tfkennady

tfkennady Member

Ratings:
    +0
    will this auto-sync your market apps after a fresh install?

7. trowa

trowa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It didn't for me, and I registered my phone again.

8. broosewee

broosewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish the auto-synch feature was still around, it worked fairly well for me in the past.

Weird thing... I came home about 15 minutes ago and the market is now fast. This was all over 3G and I was downloading apps (albeit slowly) all the way home. I'm wondering if this is a Verizon network thing or what.

9. jared.holloway

jared.holloway New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too am having the same issue, I've tried nearly everything i could think of included what was listed above... for me.. the market will download items, but when they go to install it will give an error 18 unknown error. i tried clearing data & cache 3 x, rebooting. before that i simply going into manage apps as listed above and clearing data and that didnt do anything at all, cleared data & cache, flashed back to UD, then back to BB... and still no fix for the market... i downloaded & flashed bgill's market fix... and nothing is resolving this... which is a bummer for me bc from day one BB has been my rom of choice.... i have been trying for 2-3 days to research this... only info found has been that not all apps are showing up in the market... all them r showing up for me, just not installing. which after clearing all memory makes impossible to even install from my sd...

10. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just let the phone sit for 30min at least after installation, then it should be working fine.

11. tfkennady

tfkennady Member

Ratings:
    +0
    to clarify BB v.03 has the market auto-sync feature then? there's seems to be conflicting info on this thread.

12. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    theres no auto sync b/c i had to use titanium backup to get my apps back.

13. trowa

trowa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here and I waited 30 minutes. Then I pulled battery and waited another 15 minutes. My gmail and calenders updated but none of my installed applications.

14. DroidFan88

DroidFan88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having the same issue for a couple weeks now. I have tried different ROMS and some will work for a little bit and after 5 or 6 apps install, it will end up hanging. I have used both of the market fixes I have founded posted in these forums and they don't fix the issue. When I first installed SS 4.2, things were going great. Everything was fine the entire first day, and then the same issue popped up again. I just don't know what is causing the hang up during the install process. Whether using WiFi or 3G, it gives me the same issue. If anyone has found a fix for this, let me know.
    I've fixed permissions several times, downloaded a signed SU fix, taken away permissions, re-booted and then gave them back, as needed. I'm frustrated to say the least. This ROM is awesome, except for this issue. It is incredibly fast (getting 1300+ Quadrant scores), has the fastest bootup of any ROM out there and am a big fan of the blue color scheme. If I could just fix this issue, it would be perfect. Help anyone?

15. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The sync with accounts always seemed to take a little bit. I let it sit for around 30min just to be safe and market was not slow anymore. There is not auto sync for apps though.

Search tags for this page

bgills market fix

programa marketfix