Market FC

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by creekside, Feb 2, 2011.

1. creekside

creekside New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed PE4.2 and love it, but the market FC's on me constantly with stock kernal and P3Droid 125-1100 kernal. I saw where there was an issue/market update when PE3.5 came out. Any current suggestions?

Prior to install I wiped data/factory reset, cache partition & dalvik cache.

2. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Theres talk of it being a market issue yesterday and today, due to a google announcement. Some people are having issues downloading, installing, and updating apps. Give it some time, I'm sure when their done tinkering you won't have issues (I haven't ahd any issues yet with 4.2's market)

3. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Beta Team/Marty McFly Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue, and with the market, it's difficult to fix (as in no fix) besides reflashing a working backup, or the whole ROM. That's what I had to do anyway. Removing it with Titanium or deleting out of system/app and reinstalling it does no good, and neither does just clearing cache and data.

4. creekside

creekside New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I eventually came to the same conclusion and went back to reinstall the ROM according to GLD's clean install instructions (see sticky). I was new to the ROM, so it wasn't too painful. Market works like a charm now.

For reference, I think the primary differences I missed the first install were: (1) formatting the partition (root & system) before install; and (2) the selective step by step Titanium restore of applications. Thanks to GLD for the detailed instructions.

5. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Beta Team/Marty McFly Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use that every time, just works so smoothly. Glad you got it worked out!