Market FC

Rxforyour7

Reaction score
Let me start by saying Liberty is a truly amazing ROM. I love it! There is only one problem for me and I'm sure it's on my end I just can't figure it out. SO let's start from the beginning:

I have been running RubiX 1.9.5 (which is also an amazing ROM) since it's release. I wanted to try Liberty the day it was released. So I did what I do anytime I change ROMs...I wiped data/cache, formatted system, And installed the Liberty.zip file. Well everything was going smoothly until my market started FCing. I was downloading something and as soon as it hit 100%, it FCed. It stops the process com.android.vending. So after seeing this, I thought there was something I missed on wiping the system but to be safe, I sbf flashed 2.3.320 then I flashed the system only .340 sbf on top of that. After that was all said and done, I rooted my phone with Z4 Root, rebooted into recovery and repeated my "install ROM" steps. After about a day of being on Liberty again, I started getting the market FC issue. Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm doing wrong? All help is much appreciated!

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Same happened to me yesterday. I thought it was probably my fault, you know cause I'm always messing with something on my phone. So I went ahead and did a full wipe, etc.., and then reinstalled liberty. So far so good. The market is functioning right now. If it starts happening again I will post cause then it might be a bug. Until then I'm hoping it was my error.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
R

Rxforyour7

Reaction score
Well of course after I get everything setup the way I want, the market starts FCing again. Does anybody have any idea why? Is there a cache on the sd card or something?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I just installed the Nex Theme and I am getting the market FC.

Tried clearing data/cache for the market but still no luck.

Any ideas?

OP
R

Rxforyour7

Reaction score
I redownloaded the Liberty Rom and after installing it, I installed the Gala S theme with the blue market. No problems yet but it's only been a day.

yukmizzee

Reaction score
Same here, after I installed gala theme. Market FC like a MUTHA!!! Tried unistalling updates, uninstalling apk reinstalling.... FCS FCS FCS

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I restored my backup of the Liberty clean install, and the market is working again. Thinking about trying another theme to see what happens. I'll post my results.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Yep, when I install the Nex Theme, it installs a newer market (2.2.7) and FC's all the time. Trying to find a 2.2.6 market apk right now to see if I can replace it. When I try restoring 2.2.6 from Titanium it only lets me restore the data from the market.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I had this problem with NexTheme as well. Perhaps there is some problem with the themed market versions. I ended up just replacing the vending.apk with the one from Liberty (stock market) by copying vending.apk from the .zip file of Liberty into system/apps and changing permissions. My market is now stock, but everything else is NexTheme. I'm happy.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I had this problem with NexTheme as well. Perhaps there is some problem with the themed market versions. I ended up just replacing the vending.apk with the one from Liberty (stock market) by copying vending.apk from the .zip file of Liberty into system/apps and changing permissions. My market is now stock, but everything else is NexTheme. I'm happy.

I tried doing this, but it says application not installed. I've got it in the system folder. How do you change permissions?

Inkarnit

Reaction score

I tried doing this, but it says application not installed. I've got it in the system folder. How do you change permissions?

In Root Explorer, long press on the .apk then select permissions. You should make it mimic all the other apps, which is rw-r--r--. This means you check the boxes for read and write under user then just read for group and others.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

In Root Explorer, long press on the .apk then select permissions. You should make it mimic all the other apps, which is rw-r--r--. This means you check the boxes for read and write under user then just read for group and others.

I did this but it still says the application is not installed, after trying to install from the system folder. I did try just dropping the apk on my sdcard, but it produced the same results.

Any other ideas?

Inkarnit

Reaction score

I did this but it still says the application is not installed, after trying to install from the system folder. I did try just dropping the apk on my sdcard, but it produced the same results.

Any other ideas?

I thought that was how I did it... but maybe I'm mistaken. Hmm... try deleting the vending.apk then, from the sdcard, run the stock version of vending.apk. This should install it. Maybe that's how I did it. I remember messing around with things a bit so I apologize if I gave misinformation.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Any other ideas?

I thought that was how I did it... but maybe I'm mistaken. Hmm... try deleting the vending.apk then, from the sdcard, run the stock version of vending.apk. This should install it. Maybe that's how I did it. I remember messing around with things a bit so I apologize if I gave misinformation.

That is what I thought too. Still no luck, I can't get the one that comes with Liberty to install. I did get the "new" market (2.2.11) that was featured over at Droid-Life to install, but still FC's when I try to open it. I am about to just flash back to the standard Liberty ROM and avoid the Nex Theme for now :(

OP
R

Rxforyour7

Reaction score
I don't know if this is helpful to the devs or not but mine started FCing after I tried to zipalign my apks. I restored a nandroid backup and the market was ok. Any thoughts on that?