Market FC problem

bankerjsb

Reaction score
Yesterday, touching the "My Apps" button in the Market app has consistently caused Market to FC. I've backed off the three updates downloaded yesterday, but no change. Still FC'ing every time the My Apps button is touched, even after several power cycles.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yesterday, touching the "My Apps" button in the Market app has consistently caused Market to FC. I've backed off the three updates downloaded yesterday, but no change. Still FC'ing every time the My Apps button is touched, even after several power cycles.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
On my wife's Nook Color and on my Droid (she has it now), I've had problems with the market app and in each case one of the following cured it (though I've never had the exact problem you are experiencing):

1. In Manage Apps/All/Market/Clear Data
2. In Manage Apps/All/Market/ If there is an Uninstall Updates button in the top right corner, click it and market will revert back to previous version.

Good luck.

OP
B

bankerjsb

Reaction score
Thanks for those suggestions. I did the Clear Data thing to no avail, and there's no uninstall updates option that I can see for the Market. Any other thoughts, Xoomers?

OP
B

bankerjsb

Reaction score
Very strange. Market managed to serve up a Kindle update this morning. But when I clicked on the PrinterShare update to pull it down, the FC nonsense started again. Backed Kindle off the Xoom completely and tried updating PrinterShare, to no avail. Was able to download and re-install Kindle. Uninstalled PrinterShare and tried downloading and installing it, but FC again.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried a Factory Hard Reset yet? I know they are painful due to having to totally setup your tab again, but they really do cure a lot of ills.

Good luck.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Iam still having force closes with the Market. I have done factory resets, and have the 4g upgrade and software update is current. I chose the 'Send' to report the problem each time in hopes someone actually reads those! lol... Anyone else still getting frequent force closes with the Market?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

soulshot96

Reaction score
I've never had a force close on the new market...not yet anyway.

flyer05

Reaction score
Some apps have a problem with the new market. Docs to go was the problem for me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

soulshot96

Reaction score
Well I guess I spoke to soon...every time I hit that stupid button or get a notification about updates, FORCE CLOSE! its a pain.