Market Crashing

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by captkras, Nov 6, 2010.

1. captkras

captkras New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed the Rom, and Market keeps crashing. This occurs when ever I try updating any of my apps. Thoughts, or ideas are very welcome.

2. captkras

captkras New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Specific error is:

Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

[Force Close] [Report]

3. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will look into this today. If you used an app to restore data that would cause this to happen as this is a different market than the original FRG22D file uses. Going into settings and clearing data for the market should fix this. It happens when people use different roms too since some dev's use different markets. Let me know if this helps you. I plan on releasing something new soon, but I have tons of variations of my rom that you can try if you need to. One of them is metiCkMod V2.2 but has only FRG22D files.

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    It's probably not the ROM. Lots of people have experienced issues with the Market. Make sure you've cleaned the Market cache and data in your settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/Market.

5. yzingerr

yzingerr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is the rom (lithium mod) as it only started to happen immediately after downloading the rom. I have cleared the cache and it still doesn't work. Plus, several people have reported the same problem..

6. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Um.

Epic thread revival?

And this is a MetiCkOne forum.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

7. yzingerr

yzingerr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really 4 mo. That is epic to you!?
    And my bad on the wrong forum

8. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Yes on a forum that creates 500 new threads a day, that's a very long time ago. Haha.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

9. Official_n00b

Official_n00b Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just downloaded this ROM last night. So I haven't done ANYTHING besides get it on the phone (stock kernal and everything).

I've tried to download a couple apps from the Market and it crashes. I've gone to "Manage Applications" and cleared the cache and data, it still crashes when I try to download any app.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

10. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    Try running Fix Permissions in Settings>ChevyNo1 Tools>Scripts>Other Scripts. If that doesn't work then I would try to reflash the ROM.

Reboot into recovery and mount USB, delete the "android_secure" folder on sdcard.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  11. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Not sure what's happening. I was downloading an app from the market. The app finished downloading and was successfully installed (it was the "iBeer" app, if that's important). Right after the installation finished, the Market app crashed.

Now, I keep repeatedly getting "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

This pops up at random, or when I try to open the Market app itself. I've rebooted the phone, and it makes no difference. I've uninstalled the app, and again, it made no difference.

HELP!! Everything was working fine up to a half an hour ago. :icon_eek:

12. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    You might picked up something else while downloading that app.. i would do a factory reset to see if it helps. I get those crashes on the Amazon appstore app sometimes..

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  13. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I tried two things. The lease drastic was to clear the data for the market app. That ALMOST looked like it was going to work... I opened the market, and it wanted me to agree to the terms... and as soon as I did, it crashed again.

So then I just used ROM Manager to restore my last good backup and I'm up and running again. I just have to re-sign into all of my financial apps again, as that backup was taken BEFORE I'd gone through all of that.

I've a feeling doing a factory reset would've been an even BIGGER pain in the .... Thank goodness I'm a firm believer in backing stuff up.

14. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I spoke too soon. Looks like iBeer had nothing to do with it, it was just the first symptom. It looks like if I try to download ANYTHING from the market, this situation arises. I had a couple of updates to my apps this morning, so I hit "Apply All." The first app downloaded, installed properly, and then the market crashed. I started getting the "market crash" pop up over and over again. As before, rebooting didn't fix anything... I had to restore an older backup of the system to stop it.

So I tried updating just ONE app, instead of all three at once. Same thing... app installed successfully, market crashed, and then the incessant pop-ups began again. I can't use this ROM like this, this is NUTS. Maybe if I flash a theme that has the older market app?? I flashed the "GB" theme to get the new one but that might've been a mistake.

15. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    I believe most of the Themes have the newer market app. Some of them might have it themed in colors. Not sure why this is happening, are you doing the auto sync or manual, are you restoring any data at all?
    Are you using 3g or wifi?