Market Apps Won't Download

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by sh0ebox, Mar 1, 2011.

1. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried searching but it seems like no one else is having the exact same issue as me.

Ever since coming to PE, my market has not allowed me to download/update any apps. When I click to download an app, it will appear as though it's beginning to download in my status bar but will just vanish and never get to the point of installing. If I click on the app in the market that I just initiated a download for, I see no indication that I've tried to start downloading it when I get to the info screen of the app.

I've tried clearing market cache, as well as clearing data for google talk, download manager. I have also tried running TiBu's market doctor, installing apps via the android market website, and just recently formatted and reinstalled PEv5 + 5.0.1 + 5.0.2 from scratch but it still won't work.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Anyone know what to do? Pretty tough to use my phone knowing that I can't update/download apps and that my market is basically non-functional.

Edit: I tried to follow this guide (http://www.technipages.com/android-market-download-unsuccessful-error-fix.html) to see if I could fix it but noticed that I don't have "google apps" and "checkin services" in my application manager. Would this have anything to do with it or is this just how PE is set up?

2. tdelet

tdelet New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this once before and it went away after I put on a new ROM - and I finally understand why!

This annoying problem just reappeared for me a day or so ago - couldn't update any apps on the SD card.

After a lot of searching I found the answer and it is simple.

Found the answer here: Application Install All-Around Failures - CyanogenMod Forum

Basically, it looks like a corrupted file on the phone that needs to get deleted. That's it. You don't lose anything.

Open a terminal window.

su

then:

rm /mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec

That's it. No reboot, no lost apps or data. Updates work again!

3. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just gave that a shot and got the error message "rm failed for /mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec; no such file or directory"

:(

4. tdelet

tdelet New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It should be there (for Froyo).

It's smdl2tmp1.asec (with the letter L before the 2) not smd12tmp1.asec (with the number 1)

It may be a different problem (and I assume this requires root). My problem was specifically not being able to update apps on the SD card - it is an apps2SD issue.

5. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it isn't there. And my problem isn't restricted to just apps on the SD card. I can't update any of my apps and I can't install any new apps through the market. The download looks as though it's beginning (in the status bar/pulldown) but then it vanishes before it finishes downloading or installs.

6. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just try reinstalling the update.zip for 5.0.2. Fixed it for me.

7. LT*

LT* Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this issue with an earlier version of PE. I couldn't download apps from the Market, web or install with Titanium. My issue was that there were doubles of most of my apps in my .android_secure folder on my SD card. You can only view the files from a PC though, you can't see them from the phone. I deleted all the duplicates, and that fixed the issue.

Give it a shot.

8. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, plugged my phone into my PC and browsed to the .android_secure folder and checked it out. Didn't see any duplicates of any apps.

So I tried what tanknspank suggested and booted into recovery and just re-flashed the 5.0.2 update... still no luck!

I don't have any idea what could be causing this... never experienced anything like this before on any other ROMs and this is my first experience with PE (had this issue with 5.0, 5.0.1, and 5.0.2). Is my Droid just not meant to run PE? If so, I will be sad because my phone hasn't been this snappy in a very long time :(

9. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    I have not experienced the market problems since I have been running PE v5 but while I was running another GB rom I did. I do not know why it worked or if it should have but I installed the inverted version of the 2.3.3 market and was then able to download and update apps fine. I attached it to the post in case you want to try it out.

10. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed the inverted market and gave it a shot... unfortunately still no dice. Even tried clearing download manager, google talk, and market data/cache again for kicks. I'm beginning to lose hope!

11. longrifle325

longrifle325 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Open titanium and wipe data for market there. Worked for me. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

12. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Member

Ratings:
    +0
  13. ZooMob

ZooMob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having this same issue....it says its downloading and once it downloads, it disappears and i dont see anything about installation...i have to download it multiple times and then it works sometimes.

I didn't see that temp file either.

14. Zharzeu

Zharzeu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the exact same issue as ZooMob, but I am using Simply Stunning's latest and it happened using Liquid GB. Maybe it is a GB issue on Droid? I have tried all of these suggestions as well. I was actually looking for a GB release that this wasn't happening to when I found this topic. :/

So strange.

15. poe420

poe420 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same issue, moved some apps to SD to free up some RAM, cleared Market cache and then used Rom Manager to fix permissions. After fixing approx 130 permissions and a reboot I no longer have this issue.

Search tags for this page
android wont download anyrhi
droid 3 wont download apps
droid pro wont download apps
droid x wont download apps
droid x2 wont download apps

motorola xoom wont download apps

my droid 3 wont download apps
my droid x2 wont download apps
why wont my droid 3 download apps
why wont my droid x2 download apps