Market Apps not downloading!!

bluemsw

Reaction score
Has anyone been having the issue where the apps in the market are not downloading or just continually saying "starting download"? Can't the market download apps via wifi and cell? I have been having this issue for a while. Can anyone help?

ldimick

Reaction score
I would start with narrowing down the problem. Turn off wifi and see what happens. Then turn off the phone and turn on wifi and see what happens.

a53fly

Reaction score
Try this:
SEttings -> Wireless Controls. Uncheck the Mobile Network.... then reconnect.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Is this a paid app? I have downloaded many free apps with no problem. When I paid for and downloaded Beautiful Widgets (highly recommended by the way) it took almost a day to download.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Signal Drop

I had this problem when I was situated where the WiFi signal was weak, so that the network connection was bouncing back and forth between WiFi and 3G, it did not handle the pass-off back and forth. Also of note is that when your phone goes to sleep it (at least sometimes) drops the WiFi connection, so I would suggest if you are using WiFi to download from the Marketplace that you make sure your phone stays awake for the duration of the download.

allizonz

Reaction score
Im having the same problem for several weeks now, i have tried every single one of the 6-7 remedies available several times with no avail.

Gtalk resetting ..FAILED
phone unrooting... FAILED
Airplaine mode ... FAILED
Batt Pull...... FAILED
cleared Cache....FAILED

I am fed up at this point, and am very close to making it one with my grass mulch. Google NEEDs to address this crap clearly since it has been an ongoing problem with atleast the several hundred users to post on any online forum for the last year or so. If you can help by all means help, if not then just pass the word.

Thank you