Market Apps - Missing - Reformat phone

kimosgirl

Reaction score
I am unable to view/download market apps on my poor little D1. Someone suggested I reformat the phone, then I should be able to access all apps, but to back up everything first.

I've backed up via LookOut but how do I know what/if has been backed up: apps, texts, contacts, etc. Not too worried about contacts since husband has all contacts on his Droid but the apps are a pain to remember then download again. Also, I have ongoing text conversations with clients and I'd like to save those too.

Is there any/another app or method of backing up (maybe to laptop) that may be safer & surer?

:heart: this little phone even though many questions remain.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Contacts are attached to gmail account associated with the phone, those will repopulate automatically.

MyBackUp Pro will backup apps and data for you, but I believe it is a paid program.

Plenty of SMS backup programs too. However you can't download them without going to the market.

Have you tried this:

From Homescreen Press Menu.
Press Settings.
Press Applications.
Manage Applications.
All (tab on top)
Find Market in the list, Press.
Clear Cache.
Clear Data.
Exit to home
Load Market.
Try to download!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before you blow your phone away have you tried app>manage app>all>market>clear data, reboot, then try again.

Edit- Guess I should have read guidot's post 1st, LOL

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before you blow your phone away have you tried app>manage app>all>market>clear data, reboot, then try again.

Edit- Guess I should have read guidot's post 1st, LOL

I even typed out the steps! Geez :rockon:

Floridroid

Reaction score
I have the same problem, my bank of america apps does not show in the market. I tried the instructions and it does not work..

Floridroid

Reaction score
As fas as I know yes but there maybe more apps that I can't get and I don't need yet.

antron007

Reaction score
I have the same problem, my bank of america apps does not show in the market. I tried the instructions and it does not work..

Apps get pulled from the market from time to time as well. I don't know who but, I'm sure there's someone at Google or boa that you can email to find out if that's the case.

There used to be a live wallpaper called neural network that's not available anymore. I think someone on this forum confirmed it being pulled for me. The people here are usually just plain and simple Awesome!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk