1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Market app Issues

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 1694kyle, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 1694kyle

1694kyle New Member

So recently whenever I search something in the market I get "a server error has occured blah blah" and I'm not able to find any app, BUT I can browse through the apps just fine by going to app, games, etc, and can still download them. I just can't search for them. So I decided to try and download the leaked market 3.3.11 (maybe its rolled out or something, but my phone gets no updates or I haven't seen anything from the market). So here is the process for downloading and installing

-Download market 3.3.11
    -copy to system/apps,
    -rename current Vending.apk to Vending1.apk
    -rename market 3.3.11 to Vending.apk
    -change permissions to ones on droid life or whatever
    -go to settings, applications, manage apps, find market force stop, clear data,
    -restart market

Everytime I do this it is the same market version that it was before....WTF. I've done this and restarted my phone, but that didnt work either.

Interestingly, one time i did this I had the original Vending.apk and changed it to Vending1.apk, but did not rename anything else to Vending.apk, so there should have been no market, but when I opened The market is still worked.....

So I'm running Liberty GB v.9
    Android 2.3.3
    Maybe this is outdated? Someone tell me

My phone has become awares and has a mind of its own. Someone please help AHAHHAHHHHHHH!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Try renaming the old one to Vending.apk.bak. I have done this multiple times and it has worked for me once the new one is in place, permissions set, and then rebooted the phone.

Also, I changed the title of your thread. We don't want anyone getting the wrong idea from it.
  3. 1694kyle

1694kyle New Member

Awesome, that worked. How does it read the file when there are numbers in it? I had it named 4Vending4.apk and it was still reading it and loading the old market. Thanks though!
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

No problem, glad it worked for you!!

I am pretty sure that as long as the permissions are correct and the apk has not been modified you can rename it to pretty much anything and it will still work. The .bak actually disables it so that is why the new one can take over.
Search tags for this page
download vending apk 3.3.11

gapps2.3.4.zip

vending.apk 3.3.11