market app deleted

scooter20083

Reaction score
Market app is deleted after 2.2 upgrade on Droid X. Anyone know how to get it back( dont want to do a hard reset if I dont have to)...Thanks

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
A factory reset will bring your Market back - this is not the first time this issue has come up so this is a known solution

carlschmarl2

Reaction score

I actually just became a member to the forums so I could post the same question.

I too just updated to the 2.2 for my X.

The market app icon is on my "home page" but I receive an error message “Application is not installed on your phone.”

I also have other issues since the supposed “update.” The first issue is that I keep receiving “Authentication Error” messages from my Hotmail account. So I uninstalled the Hotmail app and I keep receiving those messages. This is when I discovered my Market app didn’t work.

My other issue - that I know of so far, is that when I try to put my phone on “Silent” mode, the lowest it goes down to is “Vibrate”.

How do I do a Factory Reset?

Thanks.

suthernswang

Reaction score
Your factory reset is going to be under settings>privacy>factory reset... just make sure you have everything backed up

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

carlschmarl2

Reaction score
Your factory reset is going to be under settings>privacy>factory reset... just make sure you have everything backed up

What exactly do you mean by having everything backed up?

I have the extra geek squad from Best Buy where I bought this damn thing from. Will they be able to get me running straight again?

I did the same exact update to my wife's phone which is also a Droid X and hers doesn't have any issues.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Everything is already backed up to Gmail. I'd run a sync on contacts and Backup Assistant if you've added any new numbers since doing the update just to be safe. I had this happen to a customer's X too and had to do a reset to get the market back. Your apps will also restore after signing in to your Gmail, just be patient.

I have the extra geek squad from Best Buy where I bought this damn thing from. Will they be able to get me running straight again?

I did the same exact update to my wife's phone which is also a Droid X and hers doesn't have any issues.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

carlschmarl2

Reaction score
Everything is already backed up to Gmail. I'd run a sync on contacts and Backup Assistant if you've added any new numbers since doing the update just to be safe. I had this happen to a customer's X too and had to do a reset to get the market back. Your apps will also restore after signing in to your Gmail, just be patient.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

I ran the Backup Assistant. But I don't see any Sync. Will pictures, saved dates, and other stuff like that be lost if I do the factory rest?

suthernswang

Reaction score
Pics videos and music are on your SD card just take it out before you the reset as far as dates they are usually saved with you Gmail

Sent from my LG Ally using DroidForums App