Market and USB Bugs on 4.7

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by nukem, Aug 27, 2010.

1. nukem

nukem New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When SS 4.7 came out I noticed that the USB notice came up when ever I did anything on my phone when it was plugged in. I could open an application, turn the phone 90 degrees or go into settings and every time the USB notice would come up and I'd have to clear it. I tried wiping but that did not fix the problem. When I downgraded to SS 4.6 the issue went away.

The second issue I see is a pretty large one at least for me. After wiping the phone the Android Market is supposed to automatically restore all the all the applications I installed through the market back on my phone. The only thing I should have to do is login with my google account. This used to work on SS in version 4.4 or 4.5 but doesn't any longer. I seem to remember there used to be an option in the menu for this but I no longer see it. This bug also appears in SS 4.6. I went try SS 4.5 or 4.4 but the links on this forum are no longer valid. Please, please, please restore this feature! Sometimes I like to really wipe and reinstall everything.

If there is anything I can do to help please ask!

Thanks,

nuke

2. joshk6656

joshk6656 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is an issue for me as well, if my phone is plugged in, the USB notice pops up randomly after my actions (specifically screen orientation changes)

3. alpine

alpine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine has done the same thing..

4. gvibe06

gvibe06 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine as well ... but mine seems to have worked most of it out, Apps I paid for show up in market as purchased and won't install. I will go the other way tomorrow and uninstall the affected apps and try to reinstall from teh market.

5. nukem

nukem New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anything I can do to help solve this?

6. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if it will fix your issue or not, but some of the market problems have been taken care of by clearing the data and cache for that app.

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All then click on market and clear the data and the cache. Next time you open the market it will ask you to agree to the TOS but then all your apps should be listed. At least thats what worked on mine. Not sure if it will fix the auto restore or not.

7. nukem

nukem New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope I tired that a couple times as well. The only apps that show up are the ones already installed by the ROM(Google Maps, Search, etc)

8. nukem

nukem New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy, if you could just tell me how you got the market working before I'd be happy to try and get a fix out.