Market and GMail won't load

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by Conz, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Conz

Conz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i have no idea what happened, but after unplugging from my pc to add a few mp3, the market won't open, it says "You must add an account to the device to continue." and when I click yes, it disappears.

G-Mail doesn't even open. I synced it this morning, but nothing.

the apps themself are still there, but I can access them. Actually, I think it's google apps in general, I tried opening "G-Talk" (not even sure what that is) and it does the same thing. Also, youtube app is gone. it's in my settings -> manage applications folder, but not in the app drawer.

please help, and please don't tell me i have to reboot or something.

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17

First thing, from the home screen; menu/settings/application/manage applications/all/market/clear data and then gmail/clear data. I don't think that is going to fix your issue, but it's worth a try first.

Next, does your phone see the sdcard? Open a file manager and check. If not, there is an issue with the way you disconnected from the computer? Did you remount the sdcard when disconnecting? Just a thought.

If your problem persists "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

3. Conz

Conz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i dont even know what the file manager is. how do i access that?

4. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you link your phone to your gmail account because that a long will prevent you from having access to the market and your gmail.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Does your phone have an app listed as "File Manager"?

Also, try plugging your phone back in to the computer. Assuming it's a Windows system, does it see the sdcard? If so, be sure to unmount the sdcard from the computer before you disconnect it. Then the phone should almost immediately display a message in the notification bar that the sdcard is being prepped. Does any of that happen?

6. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You may have to perform a Factory Reset as a last resort, but it seems as though you are only having issues with Google applications, which makes me think that your gmail account isn't connected to your phone because. I'd suggest going into your phone settings from the homescreen and remove your gmail account from under Accounts and Sync. From there re-add your account and restart your phone and see if your gmail starts to sync first.

7. Conz

Conz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    nope, but i didnt add anything new to the phone this time. i know for sure it used to.

also, no, no file manager. im not rooted or anything

8. Conz

Conz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i cant even open gmail or the market to link it up

9. Conz

Conz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    no problem opening apps located on my card, just the google stuff and youtube missing. id simply uninstall/reinstall... but i cant get on the market

10. klabit87

klabit87 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried going to Settings > Accounts & sync and tried removing your Google account from there then add it back?

Yep I'm on my DInc2.

11. Conz

Conz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    removed and added my 2 gmail accounts... nope, still wont open market or gmail. this just came out of nowhere, pissin me off

12. Conz

Conz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i got an email telling my im using latitude. i checked my setting on that app and i never even signed in, i dont want to use latitude, what the heck is going on. oh and despite the email... i cant open the mail app or market still

#12 Conz, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
Search tags for this page
emails wont load droid incredible 2

gmail app won't open android

gmail app won't run
gmail app wont open android
gmail on my droid incredible 2 won't load
gmail won't load on droid incredible 2
gmail wont load on android
gmail wont open on incredible 2

htc incredible 2 wont let me add google account