Market 3.0.27.... UPDATED.. BLACKED OUT!!!!! Screenshots!!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Flashed and now I have no Market at all. No "Black Market" and no regular Market. Any idea how to fix this?
try flashing the ROM over again without wiping...

Just gave me back the stock market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
But atleast you have your market back...from there you can venture again, whether it's this one or any other market.. B-Boy's seems a bit different, try his as well...

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Either... you can flash it or extract the apk and push it to system/app with root explorer.. what phone are you on?... but I don't wanna hijack this thread.. ec's worked great for me and lots of other's too.. So far this version flashes over any other version.. it's going backwards that sucks..

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On the 2.3.6 market we had issues with the Apk disappearing ... uninstalling updates prior to flashing it would usually fix that... if it fc's or fails then its Apk/theme related... but if it just goes bye bye then I believe it's the rom... cm was the only gb rom that I had to do the uninstall updates trick in the last 2 months... all the others played nice... so ya might wanna try that... :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Chevy's SSv5.4 had the older market...2.2.7, which also had issues with my TruBlue_HGC's Market_v2.3.6... that may be why spc_hicks is having that issue with the inverted 3.0.26 markets

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm... I didn't have any issues with SS... on it right now even... lol... maybe the stock Unthemed rom is to blame... we also had issues with gb gtalk at the beginning... it's the wonderful world of android.... mine works on the dx tho.. just got confirmation ... :D

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I'm on the unthemed 5.4 right now, oddly though, I had no issue with the new market (not inverted). The inverted one was the only one gave me problems so I'm going to try b-boys and see what happens.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP updated.....

The OP has been updated to show new instructions to hopefully help those having issues........

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
Great job to ecsnead, Mbk and b-boy and anyone else who contributed to this fully inverted new Market. I installed this right over Mbk's inverted 3.0.26 and had no issues -- no FCs and I was able to install a purchased app perfectly. While before the app names in the app list were black and dark grey, they're now white text on black, which is great. The only issue I've found is that in the "My app" list, the app names are dark grey text on black, and thus are extremely challenging to read.

CAP201107180932.png

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
"B"-boy..... lol... jk... yeah this market is no different than other apks in the past that give some people a hard time installing... my "my apps" list is white on black with a medium gray also.... lots of tweaks on this Apk and as ecsnead said, his D1 had white 'buy now's text on the buttons but his Fascinate had black text.... weird stuff.... lol

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
"B"-boy..... lol... jk... yeah this market is no different than other apks in the past that give some people a hard time installing... my "my apps" list is white on black with a medium gray also.... lots of tweaks on this Apk and as ecsnead said, his D1 had white 'buy now's text on the buttons but his Fascinate had black text.... weird stuff.... lol

It is a very weird thing! Want to see something even weirder? Just now, I installed your Dark Market and the "My app" list app names are very light grey on black, and very easy to read. Thanks again to both of you for the great work!

CAP201107181003.png

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha... yeah we have a few xmls that are different but the main thing is that GLD is happy... lol... luckily you know how to resolve most issues but some people don't and then they lose the market or have fc's on buying an app and without recreating the issue, it makes it harder to help them resolve it....

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will take a look GLD, thanks for the input.... and just to be sure I heard you right.. you WERE able to buy an app without a FC??

And I have one even more weird... on my D1, the "more" button text is white.... on my Fascinate, it is black????

americanz

Reaction score
so can i run the apk from the zip or push it? i guess i missed the updated install instructions