Mark Zuckerberg is Building a House AI Control System 'like Jarvis in Iron Man'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jarvis-home-ui.jpg

It looks like the father of Facebook is setting himself to a daunting new task. According to a new year's Facebook post from Mark Zuckerberg himself, he intends to create a functioning AI control system for his house, and he wants it to be "like Jarvis in Iron Man."

The Zuck is basically making this his 2016 New Year's resolution. He said, "My personal challenge for 2016 is to build a simple AI to run my home and help me with my work. You can think of it kind of like Jarvis in Iron Man."

Zuckerberg also added, "This should be a fun intellectual challenge to code this for myself. I'm looking forward to sharing what I learn over the course of the year."

If you want to see the other details of his pet project, you can check out his post here: Mark Zuckerberg - Every year, I take on a personal... | Facebook

What do you folks think of his ambitious new plan?

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Sounds cool, but all I can picture is a world where we have to "Log into Facebook" to unlock our front door, and automatic status updates such as "Michael has been in the bathroom for 30 minutes after eating the leftover casserole."

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Most of my 5k and 10ks require Facebook logins. It's brutal. Why is Facebook the system of record for these companies?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It would be cool to have a Jarvis-like setup at home....as long as I don't have to join Facebook.

S5 tap'n