Mark Unread mail option?

uma

Reaction score
My oDroid had the option of selecting "Mark Unread" on my emails. I loved that feature, especially for photos sent to me that required waiting for better reception area to download.
I just can't seem to find that option in my LG gmail set up. Where did that letter go when I hit the back key to access another email? I couldn't find the "mark unread" for it, and it just totally disappeared. Now I'm afraid to open a letter from the kids, or directions to the party, or anything that might in my best interest to keep handy.

Where did the letter go?
Where is the recycle bin?
Where is the options menu? (I DID find a font increaser, and a zoom in the mail menu which was sweet).

This is upsetting. Any tips?

OP
U

uma

Reaction score
Okay, although I didn't find the mark unread/new menu or icon, I did at least stumble across the "star" to highlight. Once that star is highlighted it will go into the Star collection and the app will give you the option of opening the Starred emails.

I also discovered in another thread here, that the old email does indeed show up even in a bad area, as long as the 3G is working at all. To achieve the 3G success, just place it on Airplane Mode for 30 seconds and when it's taken off, the 3G will kick in and voila! there's your previous mail and maybe if you're lucky, even some new emails. :)

But, really, wouldn't it be nice to have the emails stay put on the page until they are manually deleted. How do we go about doing this???? What if I lose my battery, or freeze, or heaven knows what and lose a precious email to that? I shudder. I hope someone knows how to keep the email from automatically disappearing. (besides using a star... we might not have time to click that star in a freeze or whatever)

OP
U

uma

Reaction score
Fixed and found. I now have mark unread and the emails no longer disappear after reading so that I can mark unread after reading them and going back to the mail page. (it's a little box to check above the email envelope beside the letter)

Apparantly, the first go round didn't quite work. I had to re apply to the account. This time I got the entire(?) program to work i think/hope.

Next phone upgrade will be at the store where they have above excellent reception for getting everything working right the first time. Oh the joys of living in a good/bad reception area.

dang, just had my first dropped call, but that's another post for another day because so far it's been calling and receiving like a champ.

OP
U

uma

Reaction score
Received another missing kernal last night and now it's even better!! The envelope icon on the left side disappeared and a real menu appeared in the menu button thats on the phone.
All is well and i now absolutely LOVE this phone!!!!
(Except the way the card games display but which might improve in time too. but that's a different topic )
Oh and the way it wont change portrait/landscape without going into settings sucks....but that might change too as the kernels show up)

jet

Reaction score
In Settings > Display, is the Auto-rotate screen checked?

OP
U

uma

Reaction score
Apparantly I have 2 email displays. The nice one is from the. New email notification and the funky one with the envelope on the side is from the email icon on homepage. The important part is that they both work acceptably now and.read letters stay put for later viewing, although its a.pain having to delete the same emails in both. They arent synced. But its not a huge pia just bothersome.