Marissa Mayer, Google VP, Shares Some Google Mobile Stats

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
marissamayer.jpg

The VP of Google's Location and Local Services Division, Marissa Mayer, recently shared some interesting Google Mobile stats that we are passing on to you. Here's the interesting highlights:
  1. 40% of all Google Maps usage is from mobile devices
  2. Christmas and New Years day mobile usage surpassed desktop usage for the first time.
  3. 150 million mobile users on Google Maps
  4. Google Maps Navigation, included on Android handsets, has guided users 12 billion miles a year, and the latest version with traffic routing saves users 2 years per day in time that would have been spent in traffic.
  5. Google Maps could get smarter, and become contextually aware. For instance, if you were trying to catch a flight, Google Maps could see your flight schedule to see when your flight was, then look and analyze real-time traffic data and weather conditions to try and figure out the exact time you should leave
  6. Google would like there to be better Google Maps for iPhone. “We like being the default provider, but we’d like to get some of these updates out to a broader audience. That’s still a debate/question we’re considering.”
Hmmm... not really earth-shattering news, but interesting nonetheless. As ubiquitous as it is, it is easy to take Google Maps for granted, but it's a pretty amazing accomplishment over-all when you think about it. I can't remember the last time I looked at an actual physical map? How about you guys?

Source: BGR

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Not that this ruins ANY of what you see.

But, she has the weirdest most odd laugh... EVER.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
And in the news today Google trending shows searches for Marissa Mayer up by 1000%

illmatic636

Reaction score
Statistics show she super rich, and super sexy. Just don't tell her any jokes.

illmatic636

Reaction score
am i the only one that noticed that google is going to become "aware?" :icon_eek:

Ever since the internet and GPS came out, they already have been. If you look to your right on your gmail, you'll see they have custom tailored things based on spying on all your searches and statistics. They give us a lot at no cost, however, it does cost us one way or another.

beneharris

Reaction score
am i the only one that noticed that google is going to become "aware?" :icon_eek:

Ever since the internet and GPS came out, they already have been. If you look to your right on your gmail, you'll see they have custom tailored things based on spying on all your searches and statistics. They give us a lot at no cost, however, it does cost us one way or another.
oh i was kidding.

terminator reference.