Maps?

DAW

Reaction score
When I try to load "my maps" when in maps it says failed to load. Any ideas. I've removed battery and restarted also cleared maps cache. Loading normal way layers more then my maps. On the regular google map page they load. Thanks for any help.

Silver Member
Reaction score
is my maps an app you downloaded, or do you mean the Maps app that is already on the phone?

OP
D

DAW

Reaction score
Maps that cane on phone, then go to more layers then my maps, then it says failed to load my maps. Which are the ones you make on the google map page(on web)and save as my maps,

misfit

Reaction score
I have a 'My Maps' map I created on a PC via Google, with My Google account for London Heathrow.

On my Driod, I go to Maps, menu key, Layers, More Layers, My Maps, and...
it logged me into Google.
it said initializing...
And it loaded my map for London with my places marked.

In other words, it works for me.

rlb

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Also cleared the cache (had to uninstall any updates to do so....) with no luck.

Maybe something with the google servers? At least I'm not the only one.

hal1

Reaction score
Yup. Worked initially (so I know it's set up), but now I get the same failed to load my maps message as everyone else

Lars1

Reaction score
I get an "unable to load the URL" message every time I launch the Maps App. This has happened since day one (Nov. 6). IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!:wacko:
I hope someone has an answer out there!

hal1

Reaction score
Found my answer. Click on join latitude in layers, then accept. You can then cancel out without entering any info.

That alone seemed to start my My Maps again