1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Maps using 35-45% of battery suddenly?!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ace2525, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ace2525

ace2525 New Member

Hi everyone, recently I have been checking my battery stats (% each app uses of your battery) and noticed that Google Maps is now topping that list everytime with about 38% of usage. I have not changed any settings and I'm running BB1.1. My location is 'on' however its only using mobile networks/wifi, no GPS satellites. Under running services, Maps is not running...most days I don't even open Maps yet it always is at the top of the list for battery usage! I do have Beautiful Widgets but geolocation is off. I just don't get it!

P.S. my battery is still getting through an entire day but I just find it weird that the list used to have display as 35-45% of battery and now Maps is acting that way with display trailing at 20% battery...
  2. MPTP

MPTP New Member

You may have inadvertently (or intentionally?) enabled Latitude. I've accidentally hit that Join Latitude button more than a few times while going for My Location. I've not messed with Latitude, but I would assume constant background GPS tracking throughout the day would eat at the battery somewhat.
  3. ace2525

ace2525 New Member

Nope, Google Maps still says "Join Latitude"...definitely not that
  4. MPTP

MPTP New Member

!! That was my one and only helpful thought.. good luck figuring it out =P