Maps showing up under battery usage

MarkDF

Reaction score
Ever since 2.1, when I check battery usage, the application Maps shows up as the #1 user even though I'm not even using Maps.

Just unplugged, and the reading is

Maps 34%
Display 21%
Wi-Fi 17%
System 11%
and on

I have not gone into the Map application, I checked the running applications and it doesn't show up. Anybody know why it says it's using so much battery power?

And on a possibly related issue, 2.1 Maps performance is AWFUL. It doesn't update very quickly, various symbology elements blink, it doesn't always show the blue triangle when I'm at 'my location.' Anybody else not liking the Map since the OTA 2.1?

apeortdz

Reaction score
I have the same issue with Maps consuming the battery. Awaiting an answer as well.

LT*

Reaction score
I had this same issue this past week. I did a battery pull, rebooted, and it hasn't come back yet. No idea why it happened or why it corrected, but I'm keeping an eye on usage for now.

chach

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue - it only started within the last couple days, but I've always been on 2.1. I just uninstalled map updates - I'll report back after I see if that fixes it.

pyro6128

Reaction score
maybe you guys are/were logged into latitude and didn't realize it.

chach

Reaction score
Uninstalling the latest update fixed this problem for me. I'm not certain, but I don't believe latitude was running (unless it turns itself on or persists for months after several reboots).

ShowTime

Reaction score
I'm current with all updates for everything.... maps doesn't show up in my battery usage at all (except for the few days in the last couple weeks I've used it).... I dunno. Obvious question, but none of you have the interactive map as your live wallpaper right?