1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Maps running in the background

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by elizfield, Jul 31, 2010.

1. elizfield

elizfield New Member

Two days ago my battery life took a turn for the worse. Two things seem different. First, I downloaded the Amazon app. Second, when I look at the battery data it shows "MAPS" as having eaten up athe biggest chunk of battery life (Maps-39% and Display-25%). Yesterday, prior to looking at battery life, I did notice it was running in the back ground. But the battery life only tanked 3 days ago. Has something changed to make Maps run automatically? Is it the Amazon app? It does seem that my problem coincided with downloading this app.
  2. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

Open maps then hit the back button til you get to your homescreen that should close it. Or from the homescreen hit menu/settings/applications/manage applications/menu/filter/all/select maps/hit force close...
  3. aminaked

aminaked New Member

When you are done with maps, you can just press the phone's "home" button and GPS should turn off. Look for the GPS satellite icon in your notification bar at the top of the phone. When you see it, your phone's battery power is being used quickly. Don't leave maps running in the foreground.
Search tags for this page
android google maps multiple instances

android maps always running

android maps app in background
android multiple maps running
android two google maps running
android two instances of maps running
droid has two mapps apps running
maps on android always running in background
multiple map running android
two versions of maps running on my phone
what is google friends map running in background on android?
why are there two instances of google maps running on my and
why does maps run in background android
why is maps always running android
why is maps always running in the background galaxy s3