Maps running in the background

elizfield

Reaction score
Two days ago my battery life took a turn for the worse. Two things seem different. First, I downloaded the Amazon app. Second, when I look at the battery data it shows "MAPS" as having eaten up athe biggest chunk of battery life (Maps-39% and Display-25%). Yesterday, prior to looking at battery life, I did notice it was running in the back ground. But the battery life only tanked 3 days ago. Has something changed to make Maps run automatically? Is it the Amazon app? It does seem that my problem coincided with downloading this app.

bje1982

Reaction score
Two days ago my battery life took a turn for the worse. Two things seem different. First, I downloaded the Amazon app. Second, when I look at the battery data it shows "MAPS" as having eaten up athe biggest chunk of battery life (Maps-39% and Display-25%). Yesterday, prior to looking at battery life, I did notice it was running in the back ground. But the battery life only tanked 3 days ago. Has something changed to make Maps run automatically? Is it the Amazon app? It does seem that my problem coincided with downloading this app.

Open maps then hit the back button til you get to your homescreen that should close it. Or from the homescreen hit menu/settings/applications/manage applications/menu/filter/all/select maps/hit force close...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you are done with maps, you can just press the phone's "home" button and GPS should turn off. Look for the GPS satellite icon in your notification bar at the top of the phone. When you see it, your phone's battery power is being used quickly. Don't leave maps running in the foreground.