Maps let me down again last night...

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by GadgetRick, Dec 23, 2009.

1. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Ummm HELLLLLOOO...have you been reading the whole thread? Beta is not an excuse. I have reported it to Google and am reporting it here. So, should nobody ever post about a problem here on this board?

2. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I will have to go look for that and try that. Just sort of figured if they went through the trouble to set up a, "Help," section specifically for their products, they'd be reading those areas... :)

3. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Sorry to be blunt back but OMG, can you be any more of a fanboy for Google? I mean, not like I'm attacking them as a company or this as a product. I'm just stating a fact--which has been backed up by NUMEROUS other people--about their database. So we should all just say, "Well, I found a problem but I'll just deal with it and not let anyone know so they can't fix it?"

Seems like everyone wants to deny this is a problem which should be fixed. I never said it happens ALL of the time. I never said the program SUCKS. I've actually said--more than once--this is a great program, however, it could be greater if they'd fix the problem(s) others have found. Will they fix it? I hope so (and I'd guess they'll work everything out), but they can't fix something if they don't know about a problem can they?

4. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Surely you're not saying there's a bug in Maps? I mean, you have to be careful about saying these kinds of things around here. They'll surely tell you why you should get rid of your phone and why Google shouldn't worry about fixing a (known) problem... ;)

5. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    This is the 2nd time someone has mentioned this. Serious question (not sarcastic here) but why would putting in the address directly, from a web page or via voice going to be any different? If it truly is different, then this is a much bigger problem than I thought. Shouldn't be any different.

6. niraj

niraj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck....I for one am not going to hold my breath waiting.

Whats with people calling others fanboys? Have we somehow been transported back to elementary school? I understand that you are a little ticked off about this, but you have to deal with it. Google will fix this when they fix it. Get angry with google, not people on the forum.

#42 niraj, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  7. silverjk2007

silverjk2007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We are on vacation from Indiana to Florida. I used my Garmin and Droid to see which would work better. They took the same route the entire trip, even took the same short cut in Florida. I never lost a signal either. More bars in more places, that is todays Verizon!!

8. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "What do you expect from google, all the services they provide are free and are in some cases better than paid alternatives"
    Not quite true. Nothing is free these days. Why do you think your phone and the service cost so much? Those "freebies" have have their costs built into either the phone or the plan..

You would be correct in saying you do not have to pay to buy the app separately.

I for one love the map app, but have found on many occasions that it does have inaccuracies. My wife and I arrived at our mapped location yesterday, pulled into the parking lot, and sat for a few minutes while our "friendly female navigator" continued on in an attempt to have us back out of the lot, and proceed two blocks away to the correct address. Despite us being exactly where we wished to go. :)

I can live with this. Buying the Droid saved me buying the $249.00 Garmin I was all poised to purchase just before taking possession of my Droid! I haven't looked back since! :)

cuskit

9. niraj

niraj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's an entirely different discussion my friend....i'll leave it at that.

10. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Dude, have you read ANYTHING I've posted? I'm not angry with Google. Have NEVER been angry with Google. I posted about a problem I had with Maps--a perfectly reasonable thing to do which hundreds (maybe thousands?) of others do on a daily basis. Then I'm attacked for saying something bad about Maps. I'm told I should return my phone, etc. Then I'm told I should just be happy because it's free, etc.

You say you're not holding your breath waiting. Waiting for what exactly? For Google to fix a problem? No, I'm not holding my breath either. Never said anyone should. Never attacked the program or Google either. Never been mad at Google. I really don't know where you guys get this from...

11. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    And this, basically, is what I'm saying. However, it does not mean we should just be happy with what they gave us and not let them know when there is an issue.

Search tags for this page

how to locate a restaurant in app