1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Maps issue, should i redo everything?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by spacemanps, Apr 16, 2010.

1. spacemanps

spacemanps New Member

Okay so as of right now i am using Nexbeast... I was using it about 2-3 weeks ago with everything working PERFECT... then i had some slowing issues so i decided to try out blackdroid, didnt like it after testing it for a few days and decided to go back to nexbeast.. and now i am having SOOOOO many issues with maps and trying to locate myself. When i used to open up maps it would show me where iw as but now it says "location not avaliable" or something to that extent. All the location stuff is on and has been verified.. I dont know what to do and its really irritating me. It even effects my weather widget, it says i am in Jersey (where i live) when i am in nyc.. bc it hasnt refreshed location...

I was thinking to go back to stock, root, put a new kernel on there (no new rom) and finish it there. Im not sure if its the rom or what... But is it possible to do that? Root, new kernel with out a rom?
  2. spacemanps

spacemanps New Member

any one have any input?
  3. VolDroid

VolDroid New Member

The only time I ever had this happen was because I hadn't reactivated my phone after doing all the wipes.
  4. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

did you wipe when you reinstall Nexbeast? or just restore over blackdroid? i would suggest you do a clean wipe and reinstall your backup copy of Nexbeast and see if that helps. i had a similiar issue but all it took for me was rebooting the phone and launch the map and use my location option. it worked.
  5. spacemanps

spacemanps New Member

did a clean install via sbf file... with the motorola rsd lite program.. i dont like to do roms over roms. i will take the time and do it from fresh.