Many Questions, so new to this.

tazzbud

Reaction score
Hello my name is William. I am considering getting the droid X for myself and my wife. So as of now I do not own a droid but would like to soon. I am interested in rooting and tethering my droid. Is it free to tether and free to use the internet or do I still have to pay Verizon a ton of money for a 2 GB limit. Thanks for your time and help. Have a good day all.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Depends on how you tether. If you use one of the apps from my signature, no, you will not be beholden to Verizon for the 2GB limit. If you use the hotspot hack then no, you will not be beholden to Verizon for the 2GB limit. Just make sure you tether responsibly and spring for the $30 unlimited plan.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the community and the X is a very solid device and can be deeply customized. Anyways i do have the unlimited plan on my D2 but since im running liberty ROM i use the hot spot hack "mynet". I dont believe i pay for the hotspot either unless its just included in the unlimited plan. Only thing thats not unlimited is minutes and i got more than enough at 600mins a month. I also use 3-5GB a month in data so 2GB def isnt a limit.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The WiFi Hotspot app is not included in the unlimited plan. It's a totally separate entity.

On the plus side, the unlimited plan really is unlimited. :)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ill have to see if paying for that or not cause if I am using the hack I don't really need to pay for it do I?

Sent from my Liberated D2

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Nope. And the Google Code app is supposed to do infrastructure mode on both the X and the 2 with the latest revision, so if the hack won't take/work for you, that's an option as well.