1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Many, Many MAANNNNY Boot Loops, then shuts phone down....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Teammudd, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Teammudd

Teammudd New Member

ok, i've been searching for a possible solution, or if there's something i can tweak to fix the issue.

OK here's what i'm dealing with.

I'm running AdamZ's smoked glass 6.0.1 on 250-1000MHz, SetCPU on "on demand" with a couple different profiles.

now this started this morning, apparently one of my little ones heard my alarm going off while it was on the charger and started hitting buttons..... any way, i wake up to multiple boot loops......

here's the symptoms, when booting up it will go threw probably 15 loops before it locks the phone (turns it off). then i have to take the battery out for a few min, and go try it again. it will do the same thing UNLESS i try and slide the "unlock" slider while the notification bar reads "preparing sd card" (and my wall paper loads up), then at this point everything locks up, and it goes into boot again...... after about 2-3 times of sliding the unlock slider over it will finally load everything......

once the phone is booted, so far everything is working smooth, the only other glitch i've found is that when i un-mount the SD card it reboots again........ (go threw the slide game again, and it will boot up and load all my setting ect)

SO, in conclusion, i'm wondering if i have an app (like the My lock- auto unlock) fighting to run when it's booting, or if there's something else i CAN / NEED to do to solve this issue.....

any help will be greatly appreciated!!

**** sorry forgot to add, this is on a MOTOROLA DROID ********
  2. hbah427

hbah427 New Member

As for helping to solve your issue, I'd definitely recommend reflashing Smoked Glass and seeing if that would help.

But if you want my true opinion, I think you should not use Smoked Glass anymore. It's definitely outdated and AdamZ (while I love what he's done and respect him very much) hasn't shown any evidence of him making another ROM.

That being said, you should try FroYo Kangerade Blue, which is a very good theme that looks like Smoked Glass. You can also try Onix Customizer which has an option to install Smoked Glass.
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

mylock can be disabled at boot. try changing the setting so it no longer starts at boot
  4. Teammudd

Teammudd New Member

well i tried both....... disabled my lock....... reloaded SG.... i still get to play the "slide and pray game". the second time i rebooted it only took 2 reboots and everything loaded.

well it was my virgin ROM and i wanted to see how everything worked ect...

i will look at the new FroYo roms. i was really waiting to read about a good stable build.

FroYo Kangerade Blue is a Jrummy rom correct, been scanning threw some good things so far, guess i might give it a shot!

thanks again for the quick replies. guess i need to step up to the new stuff huh.
  5. Teammudd

Teammudd New Member

well i ditched the Smoked Glass. i tried the Kangerade Blue, and so far so good, rebooted ONE time, up and kicking, really snappy and quick. we'll see how it goes, and i'll play around with it for a few weeks to learn about it.

MUCH MUCH BETTER. my ROM cherry was popped with the SG 6.0.1, and now my wife wants this in PINK, lol.......

thank you again, for the reply and advise, already liking the change!!