Many DroidX phones returning to unrooted stock!

creaky

Reaction score
So did you have to reroot before installing the downloads above? I guess I'm confused as it says "your phone has been rooted" in the conditions before install. Does that mean you need to be rooted or you were rooted before you sbf? Sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to do anything wrong..

Also I have to download a total of 6 files? mirror 1, mirror 2 and mirror 3 for both parts 1 and 2?
when you sbf back to stock froyo, you have to gain root and then install droid 2 bootstrap. from there you restart your phone holding the home key. after it loads into the bootstrap cycle down to install update from sd card. make sure you put the part 1 adn part 2 in the toplevel of your sd card. go to the part 1, which is the first one, and select it using the camera button. it will run through the install and after it is finished it will prompt you to install part 2. after it runs through that process your phone will start up and it will be rooted. you wont have to use z4 or any other rooting process. team black hat did it for you already.

Also, before you do anything, check to make sure you've got the right radio installed.

Go to settings>about phone>baseband version. The last part of what appears should read .12p. If it reads .07p then you have to sbf to Froyo (even if you're already on Froyo - this is where I almost screwed up) to get the right radio in there.

Beka27

Reaction score
Also I have to download a total of 6 files? mirror 1, mirror 2 and mirror 3 for both parts 1 and 2?

No. Those are just 3 sites where the links are available.

Just DL one Part 1 and one Part 2... the mirror doesn't matter.

meaker

Reaction score
So did you have to reroot before installing the downloads above? I guess I'm confused as it says "your phone has been rooted" in the conditions before install. Does that mean you need to be rooted or you were rooted before you sbf? Sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to do anything wrong..

when you sbf back to stock froyo, you have to gain root and then install droid 2 bootstrap. from there you restart your phone holding the home key. after it loads into the bootstrap cycle down to install update from sd card. make sure you put the part 1 adn part 2 in the toplevel of your sd card. go to the part 1, which is the first one, and select it using the camera button. it will run through the install and after it is finished it will prompt you to install part 2. after it runs through that process your phone will start up and it will be rooted. you wont have to use z4 or any other rooting process. team black hat did it for you already.
OK I understand the the mirror thing. I figured that out. So now I have to gain root? How do I do that? Cant I just go and download the droid 2 bootstrap from the market and then install the part 1 and 2 to my sd card and proceed to install?

bobAbooey

Reaction score
I couldn't imagine being unrooted. P3 rules.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score

OK I understand the the mirror thing. I figured that out. So now I have to gain root? How do I do that? Cant I just go and download the droid 2 bootstrap from the market and then install the part 1 and 2 to my sd card and proceed to install?

Download the GB install files to your phone. You need to install z4root and run it. Choose the permanent root option. Install D2 bootstrap and open it. Press bootstrap recovery, wait for success message, then press reboot recovery to boot into clockwork recovery. From there you will flash the GB files.

meaker

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's help.. I'm rooted on gb now.. Love it but will probably be on liberty gb soon....

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Sooner or later someone will crack the ota version of GB and a root path will be made available with out reverting to froyo, but even if one took the ota you can still sbf back to froyo and install the rooted version if root is important to you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums