Manually Update to 2.0.1

misaac

Reaction score
Have an issue:

Only 4 of my contacts are showing up, and I think it got them from Facebook. But if I do a search for a contact it will show them. Or if I dial a number it will show the name...

EDIT: Got it figured out....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

That's what i get. Tried it twice.

also try what those prior stated about making sure that it's not named update.zip.zip if you can't update it and it's the right name, remove .zip from the end of it and try again.

Thanks, yeah that's it. The file extension threw me off. People using Vista at least, don't worry about the .zip part. Just rename it.

Not just vista, for those who don't have file extensions on. I usually always keep file extensions shown.

xMyStiCx

Reaction score
successful update! thx! does anybody have a problem with the facebook program/widget? Mine is infinitely stuck on "refreshing statuses..." and my friends are listed as "facebook user"

knilsilooc

Reaction score
Works quite nicely. In case anyone else is as foolish as me: If you're having trouble getting the menu to come up by hitting Vol+ and Camera, you have to make sure you're hitting them at the exact same time, and it may take multiple tries.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
why am i getting security certificate issues with the link? my droid warned me and firefox said the site was untrusted.

Me too in IE so I'm not trying lol All these lemings are probably installing some sort of back door virus on there phones and are having there droids assimilated.

What did someone say about becoming aware!!!!

No for real you guys better think about it before you do it lol

The update is coming from Google, so I don't think the certificate warning is anything sinister. I believe it's a security measure for the PHONE to verify that it's getting a valid update when downloading OTA; I believe the error comes up on the PC because the security certificate doesn't exist on the PC side.

An nslookup command shows the non-authoritative domain name to be android.l.google.com; which is indeed owned by Google. This is the whois information for the IP address it resolves to:

Record Type: IP Address
OrgName: Google Inc.
OrgID: GOGL
Address: 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
City: Mountain View
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 94043
NetRange: 74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255
CIDR: 74.125.0.0/16
NetName: GOOGLE
NetHandle: NET-74-125-0-0-1
Parent: NET-74-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS2.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS3.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS4.GOOGLE.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2007-03-13
Updated: 2007-05-22
OrgTechHandle: ZG39-ARIN
OrgTechName: Google Inc.
OrgTechPhone: +1-650-318-0200
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

misaac

Reaction score
"Installation aborted."

I renamed the file to update.zip and put it in the SD card (not in a folder). Anything i did wrong?

successful update! thx! does anybody have a problem with the facebook program/widget? Mine is infinitely stuck on "refreshing statuses..." and my friends are listed as "facebook user"

Mine is like that as well.... and it doesn't show their profile picture.

Stigy

Reaction score
Are you sure you renamed to update.zip and not update.zip.zip in Windows?

Check if extensions are turned on or off and rename depending.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do I keep getting a security warning about the sites certificate???????

the sites security certificate has expired. I can confirm it is a good patch and not a virus. I have it and have uploaded to my device. rebooting as we speak

I don't think the cert has expired, per se. If it had, the OTA likely wouldn't work. Like I said in my post about the whois info, I think it's looking for a specific cert on the phone which wouldn't be on most folks' PCs.

misaac

Reaction score

Mine is like that as well... and it doesn't show their profile picture.

I must have accidentally clicked on the wrong quote button in my previous post...

knilsilooc

Reaction score

Mine is like that as well.... and it doesn't show their profile picture.
And for me as well. It also seems to have removed Facebook contacts from the contact list.

lschmitt

Reaction score
Did it and it worked great. Any one notice that the Power Control widget got a make over? They changed it to black. Also the unlock screen is nicer, in my opinion.