Manual update 4.0 for droid bionic

I

iTz_I3urn

How to do a manual update 4.0 on droud bionic *WITHOUT ROOT I DONT WANT TO ROOT TO GET 4.0* i need some help pleaze :] so if anyone knows of a website or something please tell me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about ICS, it's not out yet to grab, at least for the Bionic.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want to do a manual upgrade to 5.9.901 in the meantime, that's possible. I'm not expecting ICS for a few months, though.

Last edited:
OP
I

iTz_I3urn

How? (Do i manual upgrade to 901)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Read.

Sent from my ICED Bionic

Yes, I also suggest reading about the .901 update. In short, a couple dozen got this update OTA (Over The Air) back in December and captured it. You don't have to be rooted, BUT you must be at 5.5.893 for this to install. Do some searches about this update on the forums to make sure that's what you want to do.

Here's what I did to get .901. You have to be at OTA 5.5.893 for this to work. Some of this you may have done in the past; this was gotten for a newbie.

You can get it from Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip. Be sure you have the Motorola drivers installed from USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA on your PC.

1. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Put the downloaded file on the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not internal storage). No need to change the name or extract it.
5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
6. Power phone down
7. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded above, press Power and let it load.
11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (a few minutes)

Last edited:

ayersaft

Reaction score
I’m confused...

I’m confused... Did I miss something? Shouldn’t the file we download be "Blur_Version.5.5.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip" why is it "Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip"?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m confused... Did I miss something? Shouldn’t the file we download be "Blur_Version.5.5.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip" why is it "Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip"?

The file name is where you're coming from, not going to. In other words, if you aren't at 5.5.893 to start, the update won't work.

Last edited: