1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Manual PRL change?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 4cefed, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 4cefed

4cefed New Member

I've been lurking and searching for a few months now and I haven't found any real information on this, so if I missed a thread somewhere, I guess I just need a link.

I'm living and working about 40 miles south of Boston, and I've had really spotty 3G service with my Droid X. A co-worker has the same phone and the same plan through Verizon, one of us will get rock solid signal and the other one barely gets 1X. I'm about positive this is a PRL issue. When the Nov. 10th PRL came out (52629) both of us lost 3G altogether. Today my friend has his 3G back and his PRL is now 52559. I've read a bit about regional vs. national PRLs and updates depending on phone model and plans. My question is very simple:

How do I force a specific PRL onto my phone?

I've seen old threads on other boards that had downloadable PRL files and other programs to accomplish this, but nothing here or with current PRLs. I'm assuming I'll have to root the phone but I should be able to plow through that on my own.

I'm paying a ton of money every month for my "unlimited" data and I would like to use it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I also spend a bunch of time in southern Vermont, I lost my 3G up there too, anyone know of a PRL that I can use for service up there?
  2. 4cefed

4cefed New Member

Wow... no one?
Search tags for this page

change prl droid razr

change prl on razr m
changing droid x verizon prl
changing the prl on droid razr
droid razr manual prl
droid x prl change
droid x prl change on phone
how to change prl on droid razr m