Managing contacts

x25064

Reaction score
My apologies of this has already been mentioned, but I cannot seem to find an option within ICS that mirrors gingerbreads "show only contacts with phone numbers" option.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Dumb question, I know.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
My apologies of this has already been mentioned, but I cannot seem to find an option within ICS that mirrors gingerbreads "show only contacts with phone numbers" option.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Dumb question, I know.

Go to contacts. Then click the menu button the contacts to display then all contacts will be up top.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
That's my problem, I don't want all contacts showing, only those with phones numbers attached to them.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only thing I've found is that if you access contacts from the phone dialer you get contacts that only have a phone number. If you access contacts through the People app you get all of them. I've not found an option to change that.

There are the groups, but it seems you would have to manually populate a group of contacts with only phone numbers. That doesn't seem right.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I have my "Phone Contacts" in "My Contacts" within Gmail on the PC. All of my other contacts without phone numbers get auto placed into "Other Contacts." Is this info any help?

It means that my phone only displays contacts with phone numbers...it has been this way through Froyo, Gingerbread, and ICS. I've never had to explicitly tell it to only display contacts with numbers.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Yeah these help, I just wonder why they excluded this option in ICS.