Managed to get Backup Assistant working - im a noob fyi

nyyyankees87

Reaction score
So i was working on finally installing the rom on my phone last night after tedious hours on google i managed to get backup assistant working on it.

***** NOTE ******
I am a complete noob at this (it pains me to say it being in the IT Field)

Heres what i did

1. I installed the Liberty 3 v1.0 rom on my phone while placing the APK on my SD card

backupassistanceclient.apk

BackupAssistanceClient.apk - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

2. I re installed the sync service from my old backup (dont know if that could have effected it) and it did not install

3. I flashed it again (this may not make sense but it works)

4. I went into my file manager and when the rom installed backup assistant was loaded but not connecting to the network

BE SURE YOUR WIRELESS IS OFF.

5. It seems to work fine now. Im not sure if you had to flash it with the backup assistant on your SD card or if it could have been a glitch in the install but it infact does work.

Maybe one of you who are more knowledgeable on this could use this information to create a fix? not entirely sure, just giving my knowledge of it.
View attachment 43082View attachment 43083View attachment 43084

pacodtc

Reaction score
I need this .apk but the link says it was deleted does somebody else have it ?? i need it for a Droid 3 Gingerbread

OP
N

nyyyankees87

Reaction score
Update. Backup Assistant Plus

So i was just recently FORCED to SBF my phone and noticed backup assistant had an update. i downloaded the updated it and installed it. Then i managed to backup the file using titanium backup and i have managed to get the APK file from the backup and i am now uploading it for you guys :) Works perfectly for me! it now does pictures documents and videos I also attached the backup assistant client apk with it as well. I was unable to figure out how to get the contacts to update, but it says ""To backup your contacts, access backup assistant from your phonebook or phone settings"

Enjoy!

Backup Assitant APK's.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download
If you would like the entire titanium backup of it, let me know.

Feel free to share!

rstandi

Reaction score
Hi,

When I try to install the backup assistant apk, it says application not installed. Do I have to install it some other way?

thanks
Rstandi

So i was just recently FORCED to SBF my phone and noticed backup assistant had an update. i downloaded the updated it and installed it. Then i managed to backup the file using titanium backup and i have managed to get the APK file from the backup and i am now uploading it for you guys :) Works perfectly for me! it now does pictures documents and videos I also attached the backup assistant client apk with it as well. I was unable to figure out how to get the contacts to update, but it says ""To backup your contacts, access backup assistant from your phonebook or phone settings"

Enjoy!

Backup Assitant APK's.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download
If you would like the entire titanium backup of it, let me know.

Feel free to share!