Man I'd be upset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

debrad0307

Reaction score
So I was looking at the droidx2 specs and I'd be really ticked off if I ordered one and paid 450.00 for the exact same phone that i already have. There is hardly any difference between the x and the DX2. Why would. Motorola bring out an identical phone? The DX2 isn't even going to have 4g... what a disappointment...

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

Last edited by a moderator:

Nmayar

Reaction score
They did the same thing with older phones a long time ago. There is no way they can sustain this again. They need to think outside the box and do more. The small market share they have will get smaller if they are not brining new things to the customers.

Guyute

Reaction score
So I was looking at the droidx2 specs and I'd be really ticked off if I ordered one and paid 450.00 for the exact same phone that i already have. There is hardly any difference between the x and the DX2. Why would. Motorola bring out an identical phone? The DX2 isn't even going to have 4g... what a disappointment...

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

Easy fix, don't buy one and you won't be ticked.

You obviously haven't checked out the specs ,pretty much everything has been upgraded from the x to the x2, except still no 4g. Just because it looks the same does not make it the same.

If I was up for a new phone I would certainly consider it a good option, not everyone needs the data speed provided by 4g, but would rather the hot rod specs under the hood of the X2.

Last edited by a moderator:

mamawm

Reaction score
I'm no tech guru, but seems to me like there's a lot of difference in a phone with one 1g processor and one with a dual core processor with each core running at 1g

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
i totally agree with you. other than the fact that i absolutely LOVE my DX i am seriously considering NOT going back with another Motorola phone when my 2 year is up. I have a feeling that i am not the only one debating that. as for the DX2 being an "upgrade" from the DX, what exactly has been upgraded? the processor is probably the only noticeable and BIG difference, same internal memory and still only expandable to 32 gigs. no 4G (which is the biggest disappointment), same weight, height, and length. the camera is exactly the same, still on 2.2, still has the same features and apps (bloatware). other than the processor, there isn't any other differences in the 2 phones.

Guyute

Reaction score
i totally agree with you. other than the fact that i absolutely LOVE my DX i am seriously considering NOT going back with another Motorola phone when my 2 year is up. I have a feeling that i am not the only one debating that. as for the DX2 being an "upgrade" from the DX, what exactly has been upgraded? the processor is probably the only noticeable and BIG difference, same internal memory and still only expandable to 32 gigs. no 4G (which is the biggest disappointment), same weight, height, and length. the camera is exactly the same, still on 2.2, still has the same features and apps (bloatware). other than the processor, there isn't any other differences in the 2 phones.

Camera is not the same, it's said to have a faster shutter.

Nvidia terga 2 dual core

1 gb ram

higher resolution display

mirroring capability via hdmi out unlike the X which can not mirror.

You are clearly caught up by the fact that it looks the same. It's not, everything that matters was upgraded other than 4g.

Like I said some people don't need the extra data speed or don't live in a 4g area or don't want the battery drain issues with 4g.

Do some research before you proclaim it's nearly the same, because it's not.

If this phone had a different case around it you wouldn't be thinking this way.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score

Nvidia terga 2 dual core

1 gb ram

You are clearly caught up by the fact that it looks the same. It's not, everything that matters was upgraded other than 4g.

Like I said some people don't need the extra data speed or don't live in a 4g area or don't want the battery drain issues with 4g.

OMG the camera has a faster shutter! :gasp: BIG upgrade there! higher resolution display?? WOW!!! and HOLY MOLEY the HDMI out is different!!! wow, you're right, those are the features that REALLY mattered. because, per "customer" request, we all wanted a faster shutter, higher resolution, and a better mirrored HDMI out. you are exactly right, those things are what matter for the customers. no, i am not suck on the fact the the phones look identical but i think IMHO that motorola could have done a better job at upgrading the DX that what they did. they were "minor" changes. i think that the thing that mattered most to the customers was the OS and they couldn't even upgrade that for the people forking out 450.00 retail to get that phone.

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
The main reason the DX2 doesn't have LTE because of battery issues. Easy fix motorola.. Include a bigger battery.

I would have had no problem paying 299.99 for a DX2 with an extended battery

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Motorola intended the Droid X2 to be a replacement for users that already had the DX. I think a major refresh will come next year when the original Droid X customers are eligible for the 2 year upgrade.

I believe this was just a quick refresh to compete with some of the newer htc/samsung/lg phones that could cost them sales. Just my 2c.

Guyute

Reaction score

Nvidia terga 2 dual core

1 gb ram

OMG the camera has a faster shutter! :gasp: BIG upgrade there! higher resolution display?? WOW!!! and HOLY MOLEY the HDMI out is different!!! wow, you're right, those are the features that REALLY mattered. because, per "customer" request, we all wanted a faster shutter, higher resolution, and a better mirrored HDMI out. you are exactly right, those things are what matter for the customers. no, i am not suck on the fact the the phones look identical but i think IMHO that motorola could have done a better job at upgrading the DX that what they did. they were "minor" changes. i think that the thing that mattered most to the customers was the OS and they couldn't even upgrade that for the people forking out 450.00 retail to get that phone.

The facts are the facts that's all I laid out. You do know that more megapixels dosn't mean a better camera right? Things like image sensors and shutters make a BIG difference. Who doesn't want a better camera or a nicer crisper display? I for one would like mirroring via my HDMI out I might actually use it. Throw in a bunch more ram and an awesome processor, sounds good.

Don't be sad you didn't do your fact checking before you came on here to rant. I like how you turned to sarcasim after being proven wrong, nice work on that one.

Would I upgrade from my X to the X2, no I wouldn't, but I also wouldn't pretend it's nearly the same.

Last edited:
OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
Nvidia terga 2 dual core

1 gb ram

Do some research before you proclaim it's nearly the same, because it's not..

lets do some research, shall we? that 1GB of ram? where did you get that info? none of the reviews i have read are consistent with the same info. some say it is coming with 512MB's of ram, others say 768Mb's of ram. you shouldn't believe everything you read, I just contacted Motorola directly and I was told the websites on the internet posting the size of the RAM are NOT getting that info from Motorola. so maybe we should BOTH find out what we are talking about before we start bickering about what is different and what is not.

Guyute

Reaction score
Nvidia terga 2 dual core

1 gb ram

Do some research before you proclaim it's nearly the same, because it's not..

lets do some research, shall we? that 1GB of ram? where did you get that info? none of the reviews i have read are consistent with the same info. some say it is coming with 512MB's of ram, others say 768Mb's of ram. you shouldn't believe everything you read, I just contacted Motorola directly and I was told the websites on the internet posting the size of the RAM are NOT getting that info from Motorola. so maybe we should BOTH find out what we are talking about before we start bickering about what is different and what is not.

This is where I got it from.
Motorola DROID X 2 Specs, Pictures

So maybe there is some inconsistent info on the web, at least I have a clue and didn't come on here making statements like, " Why would. Motorola bring out an identical phone?" Feel free to have the last word I'm out.

jjaeger

Reaction score
I would say that I would disagree. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Its like saying that the ipad and the ipad2 are exactly the same.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
I don't think Motorola intended the Droid X2 to be a replacement for users that already had the DX. I think a major refresh will come next year when the original Droid X customers are eligible for the 2 year upgrade.

I believe this was just a quick refresh to compete with some of the newer htc/samsung/lg phones that could cost them sales. Just my 2c.

I still maintain the X2 was a way to move the tegra 2 soc's they likely committed to, once they realized the bionic was going to be scrapped.

lhardeman56

Reaction score
Samsung = plastic.
Htc TB is a battery hog. 4g yes, but more to a phone than offering 4G which is not available in most places. Had to disable it on our TB.

Blur is moto biggest flaw imo, but there are work arounds. As far as quality and functionality, the X is hard to beat. X2 will be a great phone if dual core doesn't consume too much battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.