Man, I love this phone!!

jmorton10

Reaction score
I stood in line at BJ's & got my X the day they where released.

I rooted it as soon as I could & installed the leaked 2.2 update the day it came out. Although I must have flashed the ROM 100 times in my old TouchPro2, I have never really seen any reason to do that to the X. Rooting it allowed me to free wireless tether & dump the VZ installed bloat apps so I really don't see what more a ROM would do at this point.

I installed LauncherPro +, added a sense weather/clock, custom WP's, K9 Mail, Jorte Calendar, Handcent etc. I use the living hell out of this thing & have never had one single problem with it. Everyday, I use Slingbox Mobile/Sirius radio/GPS/text like crazy etc. I rip movies to mp4 on my 32 gig card & play them with Act1 video player. I use Real HDMI connected to a Gefen scaler to play video or Slingbox on the monitors in my truck. I use MiXing to play 8 gigs of MP3's.

The device is fast as hell, looks awesome & runs for weeks at a time without a reboot. I can honestly say, this is the first phone I have ever owned where I am not waiting on pins & needles for the next upgrade. I am still as happy with it today as I was months ago (this is definitely a first for me).

~John

sugarnova

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly second all of this. Especially the "not waiting for the next upgrade" part. I never thought I'd say that about a phone! :)

OP
J

jmorton10

Reaction score
Another thing I do constantly that is totally awesome to me is use the Kindle Android app.

My Wife & I have two Kindles (the new $139 one & a lg screen DX). We absolutely LOVE the Kindles, but I'm not going to take them to work with me.

I think it is just awesome that I can pull out the phone when I get a 10 minute break at work, fire up the Kindle reader app & have it instantly go right to where I left off the night before reading on either of the Kindles.

That way I don't look like a dork at work using one of the Kindles (everyone just assumes I'm texting & we use texting at work)

~John

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Same here. I am mad for this thing! I have an upgrade coming in August but I'm thinkin it will be some time after that I get another phone. The next one better be pretty special!

qman66

Reaction score
I stood in line at BJ's & got my X the day they where released.

I rooted it as soon as I could & installed the leaked 2.2 update the day it came out. Although I must have flashed the ROM 100 times in my old TouchPro2, I have never really seen any reason to do that to the X. Rooting it allowed me to free wireless tether & dump the VZ installed bloat apps so I really don't see what more a ROM would do at this point.

I installed LauncherPro +, added a sense weather/clock, custom WP's, K9 Mail, Jorte Calendar, Handcent etc. I use the living hell out of this thing & have never had one single problem with it. Everyday, I use Slingbox Mobile/Sirius radio/GPS/text like crazy etc. I rip movies to mp4 on my 32 gig card & play them with Act1 video player. I use Real HDMI connected to a Gefen scaler to play video or Slingbox on the monitors in my truck. I use MiXing to play 8 gigs of MP3's.

The device is fast as hell, looks awesome & runs for weeks at a time without a reboot. I can honestly say, this is the first phone I have ever owned where I am not waiting on pins & needles for the next upgrade. I am still as happy with it today as I was months ago (this is definitely a first for me).

~John
u will be amazed at how much faster it can run and the biggest difference using a custom rom has been battery life. a huge difference

OP
J

jmorton10

Reaction score
~John
u will be amazed at how much faster it can run and the biggest difference using a custom rom has been battery life. a huge difference

I'm not really buying the ROM speed difference. I installed the Liberty ROM for my boss in his X & if it's any faster at all I can't really notice (we are both overclocked).

As far as battery life goes, I easily make it through my work day using the high capacity VZ battery. I have two extra batteries & an external charger just in case, but I have yet to have that H.C. VZ battery die on me. I do plug it in every night, but I would do that anyway.

~John

MrKleen

Reaction score
It's great to see these comments! It also let's me know there are people out there that are not addicted to buying the next best phone every few months. (Like me) My X is fine but I am fighting myself about getting the Thunderbolt.

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah I grabbed the X when it was released and have enjoyed using it ever since....

I went through the D1, swapped to the Incredible when it was released and then settled on the X and havent gotten bored with it yet, which is pretty good for me. Im sure I'll be trying out one of the new phones coming out in the next couple of months....but have no issues running the X into the ground until then :icon_eek:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
~John

I'm not really buying the ROM speed difference. I installed the Liberty ROM for my boss in his X & if it's any faster at all I can't really notice (we are both overclocked).

As far as battery life goes, I easily make it through my work day using the high capacity VZ battery. I have two extra batteries & an external charger just in case, but I have yet to have that H.C. VZ battery die on me. I do plug it in every night, but I would do that anyway.

~John

Yea, the speed diff isnt night and day but it is there. Gaming, loading a lot of pics in the gallery, stuff like that. I have also frozen a few things with TB and that adds a little more snap as well.

OP
J

jmorton10

Reaction score
Gaming, loading a lot of pics in the gallery, stuff like that. I have also frozen a few things with TB and that adds a little more snap as well.

I don't really use mine for gaming (I'm too busy doing other things, the only game I play occasionally is Need For Speed Shift) so I'm sure you have a legit point there.

I renamed all the bloatware apps so they can't load instead of freezing them with TB, although either option should effectively do the same thing.

There sure isn't much to complain about with this setup, although it annoys the living hell out of me how totally lame the Android Sling Mobile app is compared to the totally awesome version in my Ipod Touch.............

~John