Malicious Apps in Google Play Store

tindogify

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up...don't have none of the apps mention but is good to know what not to download

unholydoragon

Reaction score
Any way to see a list so I can know if I'm gonna have a problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
Any way to see a list so I can know if I'm gonna have a problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

According to this blog post they quote they are:

Application NamePackage NameApp DeveloperBrief Behavior Description
Spy Phone PRO+com.spinXbackup.backupAppKrishanSends out GPS location, SMS and call log
微笑的小工具com.antonio.smiley.freeAntonio TonevConnects to C&C server and waits for the command
應用程序貨架com.antonio.wardrobe.apps.liteAntonio TonevConnects to C&C server and waits for the command
小兔子射氣球com.christmasgame.balloonOgre GamesConnects to C&C server and waits for the command
阿維亞拼圖com.macte.JigsawPuzzle.AviationMacte! LabsConnects to C&C server and waits for the command
山拼圖com.macte.JigsawPuzzle.HillsMacte! LabsConnects to C&C server and waits for the command
食品謎com.macte.JigsawPuzzle.FoodMacte! LabsConnects to C&C server and waits for the command
NBA SQUADRE PUZZLE GAMEcom.bestpuzzlesgames.NBA1CrisverPushes applications and advertisements to user
NFL Puzzle Gamecom.bestpuzzlesgames.nflCrisverPushes applications and advertisements to user
本機拼圖com.macte.JigsawPuzzle.IndiansMacte! LabsPushes applications and advertisements to user
拼圖:紐約com.macte.JigsawPuzzle.NewYorkCityMacte! LabsPushes applications and advertisements to user
Cricket World Cup and Teamscom.bestpuzzlesgames.cricketCrisverPushes applications and advertisements to user
怪物3Dcom.killu.m3dKillugamesPushes applications and advertisements to user
最佳設計的鞋子com.killu.bdsKillugamesPushes applications and advertisements to user
爆轉陀螺益智com.manic.bbManic PuzzlesPush applications and advertisements to user
芭比好萊塢之謎com.espu.bhoPuzzlesPush applications and advertisements to user
芭比娃娃夢幻之謎com.espu.bafaPuzzlesPush applications and advertisements to user

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I wonder if this article is a scare to get android users to jump on ordering Trend Micros Mobile Security software, which costs a whopping $29.95 after the trial period. Given that the article is based on Trend Micro's information and the article then provides an update that Google reported that the malicious apps have been removed... in other words, you won't find the apps they listed and maybe Google removed them as quick as they started, it almost sounds like a "buy my software" gimmick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Also, very interesting to note, when you look at the comments to the article, it appears the site is predominantly a pro apple - con android site.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
TisMyDroid said:
Also, very interesting to note, when you look at the comments to the article, it appears the site is predominantly a pro apple - con android site.

Stories like this always bring out the Apple fan boy zombies.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Zandar

Reaction score
If you have half a brain and elementary-school-level reading comprehension, malware on Android is a myth. Doesn't take a genius to know that downloading "Sexy Russian Lady Wallpaper" app with no ratings that asks for SMS, contacts, and internet permissions is a bad idea.

-Sliced from my RAZR

bfs673

Reaction score
DroidWall isa great firewal (and its free) that can help prevent apps from accesing the net :)

Or... you can just try and download safe apps... but you never really know. I like the security of choosing what apps or services have internet access.

Zandar

Reaction score
DroidWall isa great firewal (and its free) that can help prevent apps from accesing the net :)

Or... you can just try and download safe apps... but you never really know. I like the security of choosing what apps or services have internet access.
Pure FUD. I've downloaded literally hundreds of apps on my Android with zero malware, viruses, trojans, etc. It's not possible to download a wallpaper app or a game that requires no permissions but will steal your info or take over your phone. You really do know, and it's not hard to keep your Android safe. In fact, I'm betting almost every user's phone is completely safe simply because they read a few reviews, download apps with a lot of ratings, and don't download stuff that has weird permissions for what it is.

Viruses on Android are a myth.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is very difficult to trust the legitimacy of two very biased sources, one that is pro apple and the other that is trying to scare you into buying their $30 app which is where the op's article came from (a pro apple site using information from Trend Micro, who would just love to sell you their $30 app). I think androids history speaks for itself.

If this was truly a problem then the android forums would be littered with people freaking out and that just has not happened. I think the advice given is enough to keep everyone safe; download apps with high star ratings, pay attention to the permissions, read the users comments, load apps one at a time so you will know which app is giving you problems and uninstall the apps that don't play nice.