1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Making Your Own Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by LassieGal, Jan 11, 2010.

1. LassieGal

LassieGal New Member

I originally put this query in the wrong topic. Apologies.

I understand the correct proportions are 960 x 854...but does that need to be at a certain resolution? 72 pixels per inch is okay for the web, but I know you need at least 300px/inch to print a good photo. Is there a certain resolution requirement for the main screen?

Once you are satisfied with the wallpaper you've created, does it need to go in a specificially named folder on your SD card?

Thanks--love reading this forum!

Linda
  2. astevens54

astevens54 New Member

actually, you can save it in the Gallery and use it a wallpaper. All you have to do is select "SET AS". Also if you find one while browsing just touch and hold on the screen select save and save to your gallery. 72 DPI should be fine.
  3. roflcopters

roflcopters New Member

I haven't found any special requirements for making wallpapers other than the correct resolution of course. I mean, if you start off with a poor quality picture it's gonna stay poor quality. Get the resolution right and you should be good.
  4. LassieGal

LassieGal New Member

Thanks for the help!!!