1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Making your own theme.

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by sik, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sik

sik New Member

I have a few questions about themes, icons ive searched the forum a bit and havent found exactly what im looking for so i will ask..

Im looking to make my own theme like the guy did on here with the packers theme...what do i need to do to the droid to be able to do that?

Is there a certain size or res for certain icons?? or do you work off what came on the phone.if so is there a link to get the stock icons

Do i need to root? if so not a problem if i can do this...I dont care about 2.1 i just want to be able to change icons to what i want and different..or am i way off. Im looking to change the #'s for the dials and everything. what needs to be done..

Thanks in advance.
  2. sik

sik New Member

Bump someone has to know something.
  3. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

From what I can tell yes you need root and you need to get to the system/app I believe and copy the apk's to your machine (or use someones existing theme) you need a thm file which I dunno where to get but again you can use a existing theme and rename the apk files to zip then open with ur choice of zip program and find a res folder or at least look thru them and search for png's and just swap them out with the same name etc i believe launcher apk and framework apk is the general ui. Hope all that helped