Making the switch from Apple

MDOC

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'll keep this short and sweet. I am tired of Apple's elitist, smug, walled garden. I want to make the switch from my iPhone 3GS to a shiny new Android phone. The only problem is I am a total newbee when it comes to Android (Gingerbread? Whu?) and I am also worried about losing all the music and things I have on my current phone.

I beg of you....HELP!

- Doc

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. what phone do u have and what issues are u experiencing.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'll keep this short and sweet. I am tired of Apple's elitist, smug, walled garden. I want to make the switch from my iPhone 3GS to a shiny new Android phone. The only problem is I am a total newbee when it comes to Android (Gingerbread? Whu?) and I am also worried about losing all the music and things I have on my current phone.

I beg of you....HELP!

- Doc

I assume you have a computer and iTunes, right? Well, you just move your iTunes into your Droid. There are a couple of ways to do it one is by installing Double Twist into your computer and moving them on to the Droid with that. You can also simply drag and drop them on the SD card.

Gingerbread is an upgrade from Google, many of the devs use it to make custom ROM's. Do you have an idea of what Android phone you are looking for?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
If you are willing to switch to Verizon (I'm guessing you're on AT&T right now) I would suggest the Incredible 2. Feels very comfortable in my hand, very smooth screen transitions, and HTC's sense (HTC way of integrating their software into the android OS) has some pretty cool features. And a big plus for me is that it's received pretty good reviews from the users here that are normally pretty hard on new phones. It will be my next phone come 6-6. I know some think that getting a 4G phone is the way to go but IMO its brand new technology that needs to get some bugs worked out, which is to be expected. Verizon's network is top notch with very few areas without good signal in my experience. Hope we've been a help so far. BTW, welcome to the forums.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

MDOC

Reaction score
Hey folks, back again.

So after much research I have narrowed my choices to the following phones:
HTC Thunderbolt
Droid 2
Droid Charge

I am very open to other suggestions. My preferences for a phone, in no particular order:
- Something I won't feel the need to update for at least a year
- An aluminum body would be nice (I don't want it to feel cheap or like a toy)
- 4g/LTE
- Front facing Camera
- Dual Core

These are by no means set in stone, I am flexible on everything so long as it performs well

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, back again.

So after much research I have narrowed my choices to the following phones:
HTC Thunderbolt
Droid 2
Droid Charge

I am very open to other suggestions. My preferences for a phone, in no particular order:
- Something I won't feel the need to update for at least a year
- An aluminum body would be nice (I don't want it to feel cheap or like a toy)
- 4g/LTE
- Front facing Camera
- Dual Core

These are by no means set in stone, I am flexible on everything so long as it performs well

I have the Droid 2 but I don't think you can still get them. You would get a Droid 2 Global, it's basically the same, larger processor and a world phone.

I don't know about any other brands but Motorola's do not feel cheap at all.