Making liquid smooth - Installation instructions for anyone who needs em!

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by sonicfreak360, Apr 13, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is just my small attempt at an instructional post with a good title... if people like the title :)

This guide will go through on how to wipe your phone successfully and hopefull have no problems, like camera FC or some weird thing like that.

ALWAYS WIPE AT FULL BATTERY TO AVOID BATTERY ISSUES!!!

This guide thinks that you already have the new rom update.zip downloaded, however it will also suspect you are not using the right recovery, in it's opinion.

Steps!!!

1. Install RzRecovery, the new best recovery with features that make you smile - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html
    2. boot into recovery, reboot and hold x as the phone starts up, or select recovery if you have a rom that can do that. (chances are you do)
    3. Providing that everything worked out so far, navigate (with the volume buttons) and select Backup/restore (with the camera button), we are going to make a backup. Don't use that tone of voice to me, I've been nothing but nice!! :p
    4. Navigate and select nandroid backup, first option!
    5. rename the backup by sliding open the keyboard, and then press the return arrow button (on your keyboard) when you are done!
    6. -OPTIONAL- select the option to backup .androidsecure, I think it is best to do that if you moved applications to your SD card, not quite sure. But it doesn't hurt if you backup everything! :)
    7. Navigate and select the option to backup your phone!
    8. Once its done nandroiding, return to the main screen of RzRecovery and click Wipe options, time to make this phone lose some weight of about 50-70 MB!
    9. Select Wipe all, this will do exactly as it says, but it won't wipe the recovery or the SD card! This won't take TOO long :p
    10. Is it done wiping all? Good! DONT WIPE AGAIN! don't get in the habit of wiping 3 times, it DOESN'T.......MAKE.........A..........DIFFERENCE!! !!!!!!!! Or at least with this recovery, if you want to think that. Yes this is a step, I want you guys to remember to do this step every time!
    11. Now, even though I said don't wipe again, I'm going to be a big hypocrite and say to wipe cache again. The reason? I have noticed that after selecting wiping all, it doesn't seem to wipe the cache right. This could lead to a buildup of dalvik cache, meaning memory problems with your phone. I am just making sure this doesn't happen to you!!!
    12. Done wiping (ONCE) and wiping cache again? Now go back to the main menu, go to the main menu on RzRecovery again and select Install. Time to install the rom! Lets drink some liquid! (could be orange juice, beer, but I can't drink beer! :p)
    13. if I recall right (I dont have my phone next to me) after selecting install, it should show the contents of your SD card. Navigate to where you saved the rom, and select it with the camera button!
    14. Since you have already wiped and backed up your previous rom, just select the option to install, dont wipe data/cache first since thats obviously not needed!
    15. It should go into the process of installing the rom, hooray! Once its done, go back to the main menu and select reboot into android.
    16. Bam. Your phone should start up, take a few minutes to boot up, and then show the lovely liquid!

TIPS:

• Liquid says you should only restore market apps, or data apps, with titanium backup. I personally think that you shouldn't just restore any data, just in case you come from a froyo rom.
    • Want to bypass the android setup for some reason? just click the four corners of the setup screen when the finger touching the android animation is showing. My explanation is terrible, so heres a video - (ps. that's not me)
    EXTRA INFO:

• I typed all this when I was bored in class! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
    • Uhh........... I might update this later...
    Please reply saying anything you want, I would prefer:
    • Some kind of thanks
    • Anything I missed
    • Constructive criticism
    • Anything I did wrong
    • How the process went for you
    Please DONT reply saying:
    • Hate
    • Insults to my mother
    • anything on the topic of wiping 3x, just trust me...
    If you read every word, thanks! I really, really, really, really hope this helped anyone who has been having troubles!!!!! Cya, my class is over :icon_ banana:
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. Jasko

Jasko Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol thanks again Sonic for the writeup. The only thing I would add is what you told me in a previous thread- don't use Titanium Backup to backup apps. Just let Google do it...? or was that just for me? lol.
  3. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I might add that to the tips :D
  4. cujo6801

cujo6801 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    who is this liquid you speak of ?
  5. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Uhh... liquid0624?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. cujo6801

cujo6801 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    still dont get it;;;
  7. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I think I'm either mentioning the rom name, or the user liquid0624... don't quite remember 0.O

8. cujo6801

cujo6801 Member

Ratings:
    +2
  9. paul gyver

paul gyver Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I use this method and I have been having great results with all the different ROM's. I agree about TB as I don't even bother with it anymore. My only heartburn is that...where was this thread a month ago when I first started all this? :p
  10. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback! I just got the random inspiration to type this all up :)

11. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    can we bypass #10?

:icon_evil:
  12. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not reccommended, 10 is pretty important IMO

13. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    lmfao... was sarcasm.
  14. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Because text can speak in sarcasm :p
  15. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    I have to disagree with#10..
    If I wipe once I will always have some sort of an issue.
    Been testing nightlies for awhile and some nights I rush and wipe 1x. Upon reboot I usually have an issue. Once was talk app, just the other night 3g/wifi issues.

Everytime I got issues I would immediatly reboot to rzr wiping sometimes up to 8x's. I have learned to wipe all and while it does its wiping I pay close attention to the process. If. I see a hiccup I wipe again until I see no more hesitation. Maybe 3x's maybe 8x's. I always get clean installation. If a bug is found after that usually Liquid would confirm that yes its truely broken.

RZR overclock set @ 800 I felt the higher oc's also lead to problems.

It's just the way my phone is I guess but that's what it takes for me.
Search tags for this page

liquid smooth install instructions

liquid smooth install issues

liquid smooth installation time

liquid smooth rezound installation

liquid smooth stcuh in splash screen
liquid smooth won't install
liquid smooth wont install on s3

liquidsmooth stuck on boot screen

liquidsmooth stuck on splash screen s4
lt989 rom liquid smooth in splash screen