Making a movie with the Droid X?

dpixel8

Reaction score
Just a question if anyone has done this. Thinking that the X, having 720p quality video+output, would it be possible (or has anyone done this so I can see what you've come up with) to make a short film? I mean more like family-style stuff, nothing professional. Just stuff that you could take into an editing program and put music to, etc. Just an idea, and couldn't find anything online with it.

fluidj

Reaction score
I know it was done with the iPhone....not sure of anyone has done it with a Droid based phone yet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
dpixel8

dpixel8

Reaction score
I know it was done with the iPhone....not sure of anyone has done it with a Droid based phone yet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Interesting. I just ASSUMED (possibly incorrectly) that it should be possible. I mean, if you can output via HDMI to a TV, I would guess that you could take the video source via USB from the phone and edit it. I just kind of wanted to see the quality of video if someone had done it.

Reaction score
Not sure if it's a problem with my phone or not, but when I take a video and watch it on my computer it looks pretty pixelated. In my experience it's not anywhere close to being 720p. Looks great when watching on the DX itself though!

OP
dpixel8

dpixel8

Reaction score
Not sure if it's a problem with my phone or not, but when I take a video and watch it on my computer it looks pretty pixelated. In my experience it's not anywhere close to being 720p. Looks great when watching on the DX itself though!

what kind of computer? Have you hooked it up via HDMI to a tv? And did you change the settings in the phone to have it SET to 720p?

OP
dpixel8

dpixel8

Reaction score
this is pretty darn good video quality for a phone. And not only that, again, you have to have it setup in the settings as the highest quality (720p), which this (and other users on youtube) may not have done:

[video=youtube;W0fu50l05Gs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0fu50l05Gs[/video]

Reaction score
My computer is one I built myself a few years back, but it plays other things in HD very well. Has a C2D E6600, Geforce 8800GTS. Plenty capable.

I do have it set to 720P in the settings.

Your video looks way better than mine do! I'm at work now, but I'll try to upload one to youtube when I get home and post it here so you can see what I'm getting.

OP
dpixel8

dpixel8

Reaction score
My computer is one I built myself a few years back, but it plays other things in HD very well. Has a C2D E6600, Geforce 8800GTS. Plenty capable.

Your video looks way better than mine do! I'm at work now, but I'll try to upload one to youtube when I get home and post it here so you can see what I'm getting.

pretty sure that with the phone, it's going to depend on what you're doing with it. any fast motion, and it's going to get pixelated for sure. It's not a video camera, and that's not what I am looking for. Just something for some decent family footage, and from the samples online, it looks great. :icon_ banana:

Technoman

Reaction score

pretty sure that with the phone, it's going to depend on what you're doing with it. any fast motion, and it's going to get pixelated for sure. It's not a video camera, and that's not what I am looking for. Just something for some decent family footage, and from the samples online, it looks great. :icon_ banana:

And any decent editing program will allow you to exit the files created by the Droid X. You do have to be careful when using some editors though as they will degrade your video quality as you are editing.