1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

making a browser update.zip and need help, please

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by neilrl79, Dec 26, 2010.

1. neilrl79

neilrl79 New Member

I would like to take a themed native browser from one rom and flash it to another. If I just use the browser apk in an update.zip I get force closes which leads me to believe there might be a related lib file or something that I need as well. If anyone can help out i'd really appreciate it.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

take the .apk from system/app, copy it with Root Explorer, move to new ROM, paste and install like a system app
  3. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

i had the same issue, i was trying to get the inverted browser from UD. i could not get it to work any way i tried....if u get whichever one u r trying to work correctly iwould love to know how
  4. neilrl79

neilrl79 New Member

I'm trying to force it to the rom my phone is currently running and copy/paste isn't working

Yeah that's the one I'm working on.
Search tags for this page

cm7 browser.zip

dolphin browser update.zip

native browser update zip