Makes no sense!?

huskur

Reaction score
All i am trying to do is compile information that leads to the locking of the UD threads and Blackdroids section.

I am sure i type for many when i say "all we would like is an summary of what is going on". (maybe i am wrong but i think that its owed to us, especially supporting memebers of the forum)

The developers here (all of them) are great people and "share" others "code"---bet all use google. Funny huh? (I'm NOT laughing)

I know i am not behind the scenes to see everything but the fact of the matter is "ALL ROMS" are made and shared across the board.

Hard feelings? Let them get worked out. If you like UD then you use UD roms if you like Cyanogen then use cyanogen if you like smoked glass then use smoked glass....get the point?

If there is a "war" between devs then let them battle it out. Competition makes for "better" roms. Looks like we have a couple "best of the bests" here. Thats good for our community here at droidforums. Please don't let this be any kind of a downfall. Users will support which ROM they like best.

Lets all just get along.

It's detremental to users of UD not to be able to discuss their issues by a simple "thread lock" (as it would be for users of other ROMS) Moderation is the key.

(anyone see the inside message in this post, ie. the morality of it?)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
All i am trying to do is compile information that leads to the locking of the UD threads and Blackdroids section.

I am sure i type for many when i say "all we would like is an summary of what is going on". (maybe i am wrong but i think that its owed to us, especially supporting memebers of the forum)

The developers here (all of them) are great people and "share" others "code"---bet all use google. Funny huh? (I'm NOT laughing)

I know i am not behind the scenes to see everything but the fact of the matter is "ALL ROMS" are made and shared across the board.

Hard feelings? Let them get worked out. If you like UD then you use UD roms if you like Cyanogen then use cyanogen if you like smoked glass then use smoked glass....get the point?

If there is a "war" between devs then let them battle it out. Competition makes for "better" roms. Looks like we have a couple "best of the bests" here. Thats good for our community here at droidforums. Please don't let this be any kind of a downfall. Users will support which ROM they like best.

Lets all just get along.

It's detremental to users of UD not to be able to discuss their issues by a simple "thread lock" (as it would be for users of other ROMS) Moderation is the key.

Unfortunately this is one of the problems that I don't know any solution to. For some reason some ROM users feel the need to toute "their ROM is best" and plastering it everywhere and of course other ROM users reciprocate. It's sad but I think it's inherent in Human nature lol This is just an example of how it can get out of hand.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score

Lets all just get along.

Unfortunately this is one of the problems that I don't know any solution to. For some reason some ROM users feel the need to toute "their ROM is best" and plastering it everywhere and of course other ROM users reciprocate. It's sad but I think it's inherent in Human nature lol This is just an example of how it can get out of hand.

Remember DF admins and mods.......you brought BD in your house for a reason.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Lets all just get along.

Hopefully they'll make a thread about updates and findings soon. The thread lock was just a temp way to make sure no flaming/attacks are being made to exacerbate the already touchy situation. So yeah I hope things work out for the best in the end.

jper1

Reaction score

Lets all just get along.

I don't think this is the problem.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score

Hopefully they'll make a thread about updates and findings soon. The thread lock was just a temp way to make sure no flaming/attacks are being made to exacerbate the already touchy situation. So yeah I hope things work out for the best in the end.

I hope so to. Right now i am hating the forums. I certainly wouldn't flame even though i am pissed off at the moment. Thats the education of my job. I have to deal with the public and employees on a daily basis. Same crap but always a solution to be found that includes all parties involved in conflict

rawburt

Reaction score
Locking down the whole forum was a bit much, why are UD users being punished because of all this?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Lets all just get along.

I don't think this is the problem.
It's not the the whole problem but IMO it's a contributing factor. include inflated egos into anything and things are sure to get out of hand.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
Locking down the whole forum was a bit much, why are UD users being punished because of all this?

HOLY COW!!! The nail was just hit on the HEAD!!! (subconsiously)

Wondering when someone would get it

The "end user" is the suffering party here.

Imagine if all cars had "on star"-------WE DONT LIKE GM or the way they operate ---- shut of their cars!!!!! (is it the car owners fault?)

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
Someone care to explain what this "problem" is with UD?

the entire community here would like to know. you will not get an answer until you are told by higher ups. We are the kids here suffering by "guilt by association"

Our "guardians" will let us know in time.

Just like being 13 again. no matter how much you complain, you get no answers

VolDroid

Reaction score
Well it's almost to the point that I'm going to have to look for somewhere else to read and post. I have my own kids and don't expect to be treated like one at my age. Just my 2 cents.

jev

Reaction score
I think the main reason is that it seems that some devs were copying others work without giving proper credit. Or so it appears to be that. It may go deeper but who knows for sure.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
Well it's almost to the point that I'm going to have to look for somewhere else to read and post. I have my own kids and don't expect to be treated like one at my age. Just my 2 cents.

Almost to that point myself. I will give everyone time to work things out in what I think is a timely manner. (tomorrow) It may come that i follow Blackdroid on his website (www.ultimatedroid.com) and check out other forums. (though i really like this forum and its setup) Maybe BD should open his own forums on his website. I know that would be bad for DF but good for BD. Who knows, seems like i am just a "pawn" in this game.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Well I guess the problem was, that UD "stole" the code from the cyanogen, and I use stole in "" because it isn't under copyright. Well the creater of cyanogen got mad that UD is trying to pass it off as their own work and giving no credit where credit is do. A flame war started in that section of this forum, so it was locked.

Honestly, I'm gonna have to side with cyanogen here. Seems like UD is lacking some morals here.