Make Yahoo mail default instead of Gmail?

mattl2

Reaction score
This is my second Incredible 2. On my first Incredible 2 (which I had switched to this one with my warranty), when I clicked on an email link, or clicked to send an email to an app's developer in the Google Market, Yahoo Mail would open, which is what I much prefer, since I don't use Gmail. However on this new phone, even though I have the Yahoo Mail app, when I click like one of the ones just mentioned, Gmail opens to compose the message.

I have already tried going to the phone's app settings to clear default settings for Gmail, hoping that I will be given the option next time I click on an email link. I have tried this several times, but it still always goes to Gmail. What can I do to get Yahoo Mail to open like before? And I have all software, including my phone, Yahoo Mail, and Gmail, fully up to date.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think the only way to do it is use thdefault email app with Yahoo and choose "send email with this account by default". I don't think you can set the Yahoo app to be the default app.

OP
M

mattl2

Reaction score
I think the only way to do it is use thdefault email app with Yahoo and choose "send email with this account by default". I don't think you can set the Yahoo app to be the default app.

Sorry, I don't know what to say. I'm positive that on my last Incredible 2, email links would open with Yahoo Mail. Not the default Gmail. I really wish it could get it to do this again.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not saying it has to be the Default Gmail.
The DINC2 comes with HTC's own email client. You can set up... any number of email addresses with it: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, whatever.
If you set that to work with Yahoo then this is doable.
.. um... o wait... did you try th???

Go to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS.THen to last option there APP ASSOCIATIONS.
Click EMAIL ADDRESS... I have an option there to use Yahoo Mail Client... so I guess you can!