Make playlists

abe7333

Reaction score
How do you I make playlist. Because eveytime I put songs in the playlost folder and then go under music they all appear as lost of songs. How can I make playlist like iphone?

ufg8tor1

Reaction score
OK. I just tackled this problem myself this weekend. Here is the best fix for your music needs. Let me start by saying this, don't bother with any after-market audio programs for your DX, they are not necessary (I found out the hard way). Try these steps first.

1 - connect your droid to your computer
2 - Pull down your menu and click on your USB connection
3 - Change your connection to "Windows Media Sync" and hit "OK"
4 - Open "Windows Media Player"
(Note: You should notice that your Droid X is now listen in the navigation pane to the left. If not, "eject" and re-start your phone, shut down Windows Media Player, re-connect your phone start back at step #1.)
5 - In the upper left corner of the window, click on "Create A Playlist" and type in a name for it. Let's call it "Rock" for now. (Windows 7 is what I use, so that is all I can refer to currently)
6 - Click on the "Music" tab in the Left navigation pane. Your music library should now be showing.
7 - Click and drag the songs that you want in the playlist into the "Rock" titled playlist on the upper-left side of the screen.
8 - Once you have filled the playlist with the desired songs, click on the "Sync" tab at the top of the the Right navigation pane and drag & drop "Rock" into it.
9 - Click on "Start Sync" in the upper left of the Right navigation pane.

That is it. However, if you really want things to look good and be organized, update all of your albums/songs by right-clicking on them and hitting "Find Album Info". This could really take a LONG time (especially if you have been using iTunes), but it is well worth the effort.

You may also notice that once you have sync'ed your music you may be missing some cover art. If you are, I suggest downloading "Album Art Grabber". It is free and really great if you are "anal" about how your music is organized.

I know that this is very basic for some, but I thought some would appreciate the help. Not everyone on here is an expert.

Hope this helps!

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
OK. I just tackled this problem myself this weekend. Here is the best fix for your music needs. Let me start by saying this, don't bother with any after-market audio programs for your DX, they are not necessary (I found out the hard way). Try these steps first.

1 - connect your droid to your computer
2 - Pull down your menu and click on your USB connection
3 - Change your connection to "Windows Media Sync" and hit "OK"
4 - Open "Windows Media Player"
(Note: You should notice that your Droid X is now listen in the navigation pane to the left. If not, "eject" and re-start your phone, shut down Windows Media Player, re-connect your phone start back at step #1.)
5 - In the upper left corner of the window, click on "Create A Playlist" and type in a name for it. Let's call it "Rock" for now. (Windows 7 is what I use, so that is all I can refer to currently)
6 - Click on the "Music" tab in the Left navigation pane. Your music library should now be showing.
7 - Click and drag the songs that you want in the playlist into the "Rock" titled playlist on the upper-left side of the screen.
8 - Once you have filled the playlist with the desired songs, click on the "Sync" tab at the top of the the Right navigation pane and drag & drop "Rock" into it.
9 - Click on "Start Sync" in the upper left of the Right navigation pane.

That is it. However, if you really want things to look good and be organized, update all of your albums/songs by right-clicking on them and hitting "Find Album Info". This could really take a LONG time (especially if you have been using iTunes), but it is well worth the effort.

You may also notice that once you have sync'ed your music you may be missing some cover art. If you are, I suggest downloading "Album Art Grabber". It is free and really great if you are "anal" about how your music is organized.

I know that this is very basic for some, but I thought some would appreciate the help. Not everyone on here is an expert.

Hope this helps!

I tried. But won't work. Lol. Thanks for the advice

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

timrock

Reaction score
How do you I make playlist. Because eveytime I put songs in the playlost folder and then go under music they all appear as lost of songs. How can I make playlist like iphone?
they dont show up as playlist because they aren't. they are just songs in a folder. do you want to make a playlist on the phone or on your pc? if for the phone, i use MixZing, its great for making playlists.

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
they dont show up as playlist because they aren't. they are just songs in a folder. do you want to make a playlist on the phone or on your pc? if for the phone, i use MixZing, its great for making playlists.

Is that a free app?

timrock

Reaction score
there is a free verion, with ads. i like it so much, i paid for the pro version. try it out and see how you like it.

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch pal. I will try and get back to you. Thanks

jer39

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of buying either an X or fascinate, and since my phone will also become my primary MP3 player, one of the biggest factors will be the sound quality of music played on the X through headphones. I've heard the fascinate has excellent sound. Can the same be said about the X?

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of buying either an X or fascinate, and since my phone will also become my primary MP3 player, one of the biggest factors will be the sound quality of music played on the X through headphones. I've heard the fascinate has excellent sound. Can the same be said about the X?

I think with the sound effects enabled its good. I see no difference in this and my ipod touch quality.

romangreen23

Reaction score
bump

Is there a universal solution to creating playlists for the Droid from the PC?

lterry913

Reaction score
I am confused... all I do is long press on a song in the music player native to the droidx and select add to play list...which brings up current or new...select new and name your play list...now just long press on any song and add to playlist of your choice...Iknow it it harder to transfer a playlist from your pc, but this is a pretty easy alternative if your music is already on your phone....I have found the answer to just about anything I can't figure out on this phone is the long press...lol...Just long press on anything and it brings up a menu I swear lol.

timrock

Reaction score
this is what i do.
I am confused... all I do is long press on a song in the music player native to the droidx and select add to play list...which brings up current or new...select new and name your play list...now just long press on any song and add to playlist of your choice...Iknow it it harder to transfer a playlist from your pc, but this is a pretty easy alternative if your music is already on your phone....I have found the answer to just about anything I can't figure out on this phone is the long press...lol...Just long press on anything and it brings up a menu I swear lol.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

qft. long press ftw.