Majority of touch screen is inacurate/unresponsive. Could it be the main flex cable?

mattpd

Reaction score
I shattered my screen, but it still worked 100%. I removed the screen to replace it, only to realize that the replacement screen was the wrong version. I re assembled it with the shattered screen, and it came back on with many dead spots on the touch screen. The entire right side didn't work, and much of it was inaccurate.

I thought the shattered screen had just gone bad, and that the new screen would fix it. I recieved to correct replacement, attached it, and re assembled it, but I still have the same dead/inacurate spots with this brand new screen. The only thing I can think of, is that I messed up the connector for the ribbon on the touch screen.

Before I spend $40 on a new main flex cable, and go to the trouble to putting it in, do you think it will even help my problem? Could it be something else?

OP
M

mattpd

Reaction score
To anyone that cares, if your touchscreen appears to be intact, but is acting strange, the main flex cable should fix it. It was a $30 on ebay and not too hard to install.

cobeez

Reaction score
Can you post a the instructions on how to do this? . My screen has quite working and I want to try to replace my cable with an old one.

Last edited by a moderator: