Major Troubles With One Step To Gingerbread

titans1

Reaction score
So i used toolbox pro to instal the one step to gingerbread that was on the nightlies area. It said it was ok to go from froyo to gingerbread with it. Since i have done this i have nothing but problems. Almost none of the tools in the tool box pro work. I can delete apps but i cant recover them at all. When i go to contacts it shows all of my contacts but when i try to select one it goes back to the home screen.

But the worst problem of all is i have no recover mod now. According to the instructions it was going to instal one on it own? Well it didnt. I tried to download the clockwork from the market...it says it installed but the phone will not reboot into recovery. It just sits on a black screen forever and never pulls up the options. Itried to use bootstarp as well and it does the same thing. I also tried to use the liberty tool box pro into recovery and it does the same thing. All of the above result in a batt pull as the only way to get the phone to unlock.

When i installed the gingerbread i did do a wipe as instructed....i think it errored on the instal somewere though i am not sure were. I have no way to get into recovery to perform a restore to a back up. As stated above i have installed clockwork from the market ...it says it was successful but when i try to use it it doesnt boot to anything but a black screen...help would be appreciated.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mighty have to SBF if a data wipe doesn't fix it. You can SBF back to Froyo, then install the TBH GB files and then Liberty.

CM7-4-DX

OP
T

titans1

Reaction score
i cant data wipe becuase the phone will not boot into recovery.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw where you said it wouldn't go into Clockwork Recovery, but I meant to try and get into stock recovery. If that doesn't work, you will need to SBF back to Froyo and either try again through the toolbox or download the TBH rooted .596 files, flash that and then flash Liberty over that.

Keep in mind, if you are going to SBF, you might want to try Justice. Its a GB rom that boots off of Froyo.

CM7-4-DX

OP
T

titans1

Reaction score
ya it wont even boot into stock recovery....it will boot into normal liberty operation though..odd...wonder what the heck liberty did to my phone.? i ran liberty froyo with no troubles at all.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
ya it wont even boot into stock recovery....it will boot into normal liberty operation though..odd...wonder what the heck liberty did to my phone.? i ran liberty froyo with no troubles at all.

Weird. I would just use the 2 part rooted .596 zip files from TBH to get to GB. I did and it worked great. Just flash them using D2 bootstrap after you SBF. then you can flash liberty on top of that.

CM7-4-DX

OP
T

titans1

Reaction score
Okay so I finally got it to reboot into stock recovery. I wipe the data in the cache files 5 * each. I flashed the stock rom. Then I went in and data recovery to an old known good source. Then I went back in and put 2.01 back on my phone.

The trick to this whole thing was when I booted into recovery I had to hit the search key when the droid and triangle showed up. This gave me the option to wipe data reset. But there still is no recovery at this point. Then I went in and did the stock rom. At this point I had a stock recovery again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums