Major Props...

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by bazar6, Feb 7, 2011.

1. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I just gotta go on a little rant here...

To everyone who does everything on here; Actngrezy, mojo_droid, GLD, xkape, and the countless number of themers and other devs. I'm trying to do a custom theme to 100% match what I want it to look like, instead of asking someone to do it for me. I just gotta say thanks to all of y'all; major props for putting in all this freakin work knowing that you're not going to be paid for it. I know y'all have donation buttons, but that's not guaranteed. Y'all make this community what it is, and let us boast about our phones even more (my buddies try to when they jailbreak their iphones, then I put mine next to theirs and they have no clue how I make my phone look so different than the exact same phone someone else has). Y'all do awesome work, just wanted you to know how appreciative I am, and (I'm sure) everyone else is too.

For those of you who haven't tried to theme their own stuff, I just want to point out there's over 750 images that make up JUST the framework (status bar icons, settings, check boxes, keys, etc), I didn't even begin to count the xml files where they have to go in and change the hex codes, and if they change up apps, thats even more images and xmls. I've only done 89 framework images so far, cuz I still can't get it to flash without bootlooping, but I'm getting there. But for the devs and themers who do this work and provide support for it, y'all are awesome, and one of the biggest reasons why I'll never leave Android or the PE rom.

Just wanted to throw in my $.02 lol
  2. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I'd say thanks for your 2 cents! I appreciate it.

And keep trying, you will work your way thru your theme. Are you editing xmls or just images? I'm trying to figure out why you are bootlooping.
  3. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer Theme Developer

Mega Thanks to mojo_droid and actngrezy!....never has a rom ive ran been this fresh and clean and so fast and furious! not to mention that all the great features that normally slow down a rom, do not have the same effect on PE, just my opinion though...very well built guys! keep up the great work!

eiker83
  4. bazar6

Ditto Eiker, and definitely xkape.

I've tried both all. I got the .pngs to work, and I got the .9.pngs to at least stick lol, but as you can see in the attachment, they don't stretch correctly. But what's bootlooping is when I try to edit one xml. I'm trying a ton of different combos, but I think it's the compiling process that's screwing me up. I make the edits, use apkmanager to compile, follow the instructions, and the files it told me to delete don't show. So I leave them in there for compiling again, and they're back to stock; it's like it doesn't want to compile and bundle the modified files. I'm going to keep trying it tho (trial and error) lol.

Attached Files:

5. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer Theme Developer

Chances are.you arent doing anything wrong....both xkape and i cannot compile frameworks at our home computers.for some reason....he can do it at his work no problem same steps and all...for now leave out all your xml edits compile the framework with your images and then transfer the images from the newly compiled framework over to the pe framework that came with the rom and see if that will boot
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. bazar6

Well that bytes ( < haha, I crack myself up sometimes. jk). The only time I can do this is on my work computer. My mac doesn't like me installing ubuntu for some reason, but I'll be getting an old windows tower soon so I can screw around with this android stuff at home.

But your process you suggest... doesn't the xmls have to be compiled for it to work? Before being decompiled, they're unreadable. I tried doing that once; compiling the rest, then placing the decompiled xmls in the framework.apk, then thru it in a bootable.zip and it looped. I must say, Google (search) and I have become good friends over the past few days lol. I actually found xKapes guide in the themers section (which is probably where this convo should go, but I'm not explicitly asking for help here) and going to see if that works. Still on the look out to get the framework working tho (I think I just successfully themed the phone.apk).