Major phone issues this morning

andysly5

Reaction score
Running stock 2.0.

For the first time I decided to use my phone's alarm to wake me up this morning. Set it last night to go off at 6:20am. Luckily I woke up at 6:25 because the alarm did not go off.

I looked at the phone and noticed that the time in the notification bar showed 5:40am. My Beautiful Widgets showed 6:25am but would not update at all - it was stuck. I powered down and got ready for work.

Later while I was in my car I tried to make a phone call. The Droid would not dial out at all. I'd hit a contact, press call mobile and it would just hang. Tried direct dialing from the phone app and got the same thing.

I uninstalled Pandahome and went back to the stock home. Still had the same issues. Tried launching Taskiller but it would not open. In fact, most of my apps would not open. Tried a battery pull but it did not help.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
uninstall task killer first..... trying uninstalling any apps, one by one, that you've installed since around the time you started experiencing problems. see if that straightens you out.
Also you might want to try updating your phone manually. If not then sit tight and wait for the OTA!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you use a process killing app, you will need to add an exception for things such as alarm and beautiful widgets.

zegolf

Reaction score
uninstall task killer first..... trying uninstalling any apps, one by one, that you've installed since around the time you started experiencing problems. see if that straightens you out.
Also you might want to try updating your phone manually. If not then sit tight and wait for the OTA!

Judging by the consensus of the forum, it seems at though an app killer isn't really needed anyway. I have one on my droid, but haven't used it since I installed it (I should probably remove it).

OP
A

andysly5

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I wound up doing a factory reset. Since then it works fine.

Trying to follow Jhank's advice about the exceptions. But Taskiller is hanging on a blank screen.

pmac

Reaction score
I had the same issue - had to do a reset as well

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
A word of advice if you want to use a task killer. Use the one that is native in Android. Get rid of the TK app they DO cause problems in SOME devices.

Caused my device to lock up once.

I won't mess with them anymore. If I want to shut down the browser, market, or app I'll use the one built into the OS.

Setting/Applications/Manage Apps/Menu/Filter/Running/ choose app I want shut down

OP
A

andysly5

Reaction score
went with Cereal's advice and killed Taskiller forever. Then I went with Martin and manually updated to 2.1. It seems MUCH more stable now.

jasondcannon

Reaction score
Strange, I had the exact same issue this morning. I don't use Pandahome or Taskiller though. My time was locked at 6:13AM and it was about 6:45AM when I discovered it. Once I removed it from the media dock, it all refreshed to the correct time. Then on the way to work I had issues making outbound calls, it would freeze when I tried to place the call and finally go through about 20 seconds later. After rebooting the phone I didn't have any more issues. I have no idea what caused it! I also haven't received the 2.0.1 update yet either.