MAJOR Motorola Droid issues... gotta get this fixed guys

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by realitybias, Oct 31, 2010.

1. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Ok, so let me relate to you what happened with my droid:

A while back, I downloaded the froyo update. My droid lost power and got bricked on the M screen. I tried formatting it and wiping the cache. I rebooted... still stuck in the m logo screen. So I tried doing it again, and this time selecting "update.zip." Doesn't work. I am met with an error that says

E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip no such filename or directory
    E: Signature verfication failed
    installation aborted

I want to put a new update file on the SD card, but I cannot recognize my droid through usb because I cant activate USB mode.

Is there a way to load update.zip using the bootloader mode?
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

You can put an update.zip on your SD card with a computer and a card reader
  3. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Don't have a card reader. Is there any way to do it straight from the bootloader mode?
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

No - you cannot access the SD card from Boot Mode - I am guessing your device is stock and not rooted right ?

You can flash the SBF back to stock via Boot Mode - which would bring you to an earlier O/S with a clean slate ready to place your update.zip on the SD and get back to frg22
  5. realitybias

realitybias New Member

See, that's what I'm talking about. If I can pull something like that off, that would be nice. Can I do that given my phone's currently disabled status? I highly considered rooting it, but I didn't know if it being stuck at the m logo with a pretty messed up installation of froyo, apparently, would work. Can you help me out with that? Because I don't even know if my phone registers as froyo or 2.1, considering the froyo installation didn't even fully install.
  6. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Used SPRecovery and RSD to get access to my sd card, and was able to drop a valid update.zip file onto my droid.

I am getting a crazy error now when installing though... and before you ask, its only named update.zip, not update.zip.zip.

here's the error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/lib/libopencore_common.so" LOTS OF CHARACTERS")

E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted.