Major Leak for HTC Nexus 9 Details: 64-Bit Tegra, Android L, 4GB RAM & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus-logo-black.jpg

We have a menagerie of new leaked intel for the upcoming HTC made Google Nexus 9 Android tablet. The tablet (codenamed Volantis and/or Flounder) looks like it has passed through its South Korean FCC testing with some of its internal hardware revealed. A number of other leaks occurred at the same time as this one, which brings us the following nearly complete picture of the new tablet.

Here's a quick breakdown of specs and features:
  • 8.9" 2560x1600 pixels display
  • 64-bit Tegra processor
  • 4GB RAM (Elpida memory in 2x2 GB configuration - there could be a 2GB version as well)
  • NFC and GPS
  • Bare Android L Poster-child (no HTC skin) - which is unsurprising
  • Qualcomm MDM9x25 modem which is designed to work with the NVIDIA chip
  • Sony-made 8-megapixel IMX219 camera on back
  • 1.6-megapixels model OV970 shooter on front
  • Premium metal finish
As you can see, if this is a Nexus tablet, it appears that Google is pulling out all the stops and moving forward on a very high-end device. This is obviously the opposite direction they went in with the Nexus 7, but that may be part of their plan. Perhaps they want the Nexus 7 line to be the "affordable" Android tablet, and they are reserving the Nexus 9 (and maybe more Nexus 10s in the future) for the high end segment.

Source: SlashGear

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
GOOD. I thought they were about to abandon the large format tablet.

Although my current N10 is GREAT. I think it'll be a year or two before I'm tempted. I held on to the Xoom that I purchased on launch day until 2 months ago.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I guess I am in the minority but I don't get this fascination with 'premium metal'. I find metal cold, generally has poorer reception, dents easily, and much more slippery.Somehow reviewers seem to be entrralled with the metal look. Just because Apple has it? And glass. And shatter and ding. Give me a phone that is rugged enough to not need a case! Of course a tablet needs one with a stand for movie watching.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I don't think the 1.6 mp camera in front is right. Everything about this tab screams high end. but 720p front video? ? If it's htc it should be 5mp right?